Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Would be a nice surprise if they have decent backing and can keep us not just afloat but sailing pleasantly. (Financially)

Just a thought on the administrators statement - “I cannot name the preferred bidder until Monday for legal reasons.” Perhaps this is to do with the name change of the FV company?

17 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Would be a nice surprise if they have decent backing and can keep us not just afloat but sailing pleasantly. (Financially)

Just a thought on the administrators statement - “I cannot name the preferred bidder until Monday for legal reasons.” Perhaps this is to do with the name change of the FV company?

I would think more to do with honouring the terms in the NDA.

Iles has already tweeted it's FV anyway.

4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

How would people feel about Phil Brown coming to manage the team? He is at FC Pune City in India, assistant Trevor Morgan, goalie coach Aiden Davison. Like the academy staff it is "Made in Bolton". What is not to like?

Not a time for sentiment, we need new ideas and Browny isn’t the answer.

4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

How would people feel about Phil Brown coming to manage the team? He is at FC Pune City in India, assistant Trevor Morgan, goalie coach Aiden Davison. Like the academy staff it is "Made in Bolton". What is not to like?

I'd feel pretty awful about it, to be honest. The only reason to consider Phil Brown is because he used to play for us (same with Nolan and Davies). My only requirement is that the new manager is a good one, I don't care whether he "knows the club".

If this new lot have a plan in place for the on field stuff then parky will be gone within minutes. If however all their attention has been on the take over itself i can see them giving parky time to steady the ship.

Hopefully (if Mark Warburton story was correct) they will be looking at a completely new start and will already have this ready. Please let that be the case. As Dolly said 'my happiness depends on you'

22 minutes ago, snowball said:

If this new lot have a plan in place for the on field stuff then parky will be gone within minutes. If however all their attention has been on the take over itself i can see them giving parky time to steady the ship.

Hopefully (if Mark Warburton story was correct) they will be looking at a completely new start and will already have this ready. Please let that be the case. As Dolly said 'my happiness depends on you'

My worry with Warburton is that he’s never been in such a penniless situation as he’ll face with us (unless FV have found the mythical war chest) so I’m not sure how well suited he’d be. That said, there aren’t many other suitable candidates. 

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

My worry with Warburton is that he’s never been in such a penniless situation as he’ll face with us (unless FV have found the mythical war chest) so I’m not sure how well suited he’d be. That said, there aren’t many other suitable candidates. 

Mark Warburton who signed a two-year contract at QPR last month? 

Guest Nordkurve
34 minutes ago, snowball said:

There isn't a ship to steady. We have what is it, 4 or 5 players on the books ? Giving Parky any input on building a team would be a disaster.

I know I am probably going to get obliterated for this but if you take the last season out of it (which I think is fair) if we judge parkinson on:

1) promotion from league 1

2) kept us up with a non existent budget 

3) knows league 1 better than most managers 

4) given our precarious position, we will need some of those released back, he could help with that 

Keeping Phil might not be such a bad idea. I'm not saying we should, just more so I can think of many worse managers we could have in league 1. I know change is the fashionable thing etc but come January if we have a manager that plays nicer football but we are bottom 3, people might not be so happy. 

On the flip side the football could be unbearable! Truth being told I don't know what the "correct" decision is, but I don't think it should be as black and white as just letting him go. He does deserve better than that in my honest opinion 

Edited by Matthew1234

19 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

I know I am probably going to get obliterated for this but if you take the last season out of it (which I think is fair) if we judge parkinson on:

1) promotion from league 1

2) kept us up with a non existent budget 

3) knows league 1 better than most managers 

4) given our precarious position, we will need some of those released back, he could help with that 

Keeping Phil might not be such a bad idea. I'm not saying we should, just more so I can think of many worse managers we could have in league 1. I know change is the fashionable thing etc but come January if we have a manager that plays nicer football but we are bottom 3, people might not be so happy. 

On the flip side the football could be unbearable! Truth being told I don't know what the "correct" decision is, but I don't think it should be as black and white as just letting him go. He does deserve better than that in my honest opinion 

We deserve better!

18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

We deserve better!

I'm not saying 100 percent I'd keep him im just offering an alternative view. Last season's a write off for me. If I look back at the other two seasons he's done a fantastic job and I think we shouldn't forget that. 

I think FV will change manager, for what it's worth, I was just curious to see if there was any opinions on here that he should be given some time under some more stable ownership 

14 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

I can see Parkinson starting tbh too much disruption already think he will be on borrowed time though.

That's where im at, yes the football wasnt attractive at all, the cheap team he put together wasnt the best, but he got them on the pitch even though they'd not been paid.  He's put the effort in cycling from coast to coast for Darby and never slagged Anderson off once as I can remember.   These are the reasons I agree with you, the down side is he'll be trying to bring players in and if its for a limited time that could be fatal and irresponsible.