Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Definitely 😀

As a side note, your DNA shuoud be taken the moment you're born, so that it's on record straight away  -  I'm not sure why anybody would ever have a problem with that

Can you imagine, getting nicked for a minor offence, have your dna checked, and find out you were accidentally switched at birth in the maternity suite.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Kids school been dishing laptops out today for kids who haven’t got them or tablets etc, they know something or being cautious 

My brother works at a primary school. Currently 200 out of 500 kids isolating, together with 35 staff members. Reckon you're right, something might be on the way.

52 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Kids school been dishing laptops out today for kids who haven’t got them or tablets etc, they know something or being cautious 

I said last week, even though Bozo has said he's keeping the schools open.......he'll be shutting them by the middle of this month. Kids won't be returning to school until January once they've been sent home this month

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I said last week, even though Bozo has said he's keeping the schools open.......he'll be shutting them by the middle of this month. Kids won't be returning to school until January once they've been sent home this month

Can't see it happening. 

Kids getting I'll all over the place. Teachers being ignored and kids breaking rules. 

Schools wont shut unless the shit really hits the fans,  

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

One thing that didn't help. Teachers have been battling to keep kids in masks. 

Then in half term you see them in the supermarket with their parents, no mask in sight!

In bubbles in school. Teachers working hard to keep things safe. 

They leave the building and rules are out of the window. 16500 steps today, absolutely shattered moving from bubble to bubble.

I dont think schools will shut though, kids are already massively behind with learning, routines have gone and its had a huge impact on them. They're better off in school as home learning just isn't the same. I don't feel safe in work but it's a case if keep calm and carry on. 

2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

In bubbles in school. Teachers working hard to keep things safe. 

They leave the building and rules are out of the window. 16500 steps today, absolutely shattered moving from bubble to bubble.

I dont think schools will shut though, kids are already massively behind with learning, routines have gone and its had a huge impact on them. They're better off in school as home learning just isn't the same. I don't feel safe in work but it's a case if keep calm and carry on. 

Keep well

Had an eventful night on Facebook. Got called a sheep for daring to question someone who says COVID is a hoax. I'm 'badly, badly brainwashed' and 'just a nurse who doesn't save lives, not like a surgeon' and we 'are all wankers for doing tik tok videos while people are dying'.

There's some really, fucking atrocious people on Social Media. 

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Had an eventful night on Facebook. Got called a sheep for daring to question someone who says COVID is a hoax. I'm 'badly, badly brainwashed' and 'just a nurse who doesn't save lives, not like a surgeon' and we 'are all wankers for doing tik tok videos while people are dying'.

Fuck 'em mate, the majority think you're doing a marvellous job

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Hope you unfriended them

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

You’ve misquoted me.

i said “whilst” people are dying.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Totally understand the need for a lockdown, but stopping kids, who sit in a classroom together for 6 hours, from playing grass roots is a bit baffling 

I'm absolutely gutted. I'm heavily involved in grassroots football as a coach and parent. I'm regularly at 8 kids sessions a week and whilst it's very very frustrating I do get why they have said it can't carry on. If you allow one sport then it's difficult not to allow all. And if you allow kids to play then it's hard to stop 20 year olds. And a lot of the parents I've seen at matches and training at various venues seem to have given up on social distancing.

Ultimately it's just a hell of a lot easier to say that it's all off. The fact the kids will hopefully be getting some exercise at school is a positive. It's nothing like the same but it's something.

1 minute ago, wiggy said:

I'm absolutely gutted. I'm heavily involved in grassroots football as a coach and parent. I'm regularly at 8 kids sessions a week and whilst it's very very frustrating I do get why they have said it can't carry on. If you allow one sport then it's difficult not to allow all. And if you allow kids to play then it's hard to stop 20 year olds. And a lot of the parents I've seen at matches and training at various venues seem to have given up on social distancing.

Ultimately it's just a hell of a lot easier to say that it's all off. The fact the kids will hopefully be getting some exercise at school is a positive. It's nothing like the same but it's something.

I agree with you, it was hard tonight as the kids had their last training session for at least a month, they were all really sad 

• Moderators

Local optician got the isolate message via the track and trace app

Decided to get a test done to be sure so he may not have to cancel all his appointments for two weeks

Came back negative

But apparently the t&t folk are having none of it, insisting he must isolate and ringing him all the time to check where he is!

50 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I get what you’re saying but they’re not letting 20 year olds go to work together,  the kids are with each other every day in school.  The parents like you say could be the biggest problem but you’d like to think they would screw the nut because of the latest measures.