Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

45 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dunno about you, but I've not had a message from the app.

How many actually have, and how many times?

Come on folk of WW

I've had about 7 or 8. I'm currently required to self-isolate but received no notification for that from the app, it came from a text message instead.

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/02/doubts-over-rapid-turnaround-covid-tests-pledged-by-johnson?

He's bullshitting. Plain and simple. It's what he does. Over promises, and then looks a cunt a couple of weeks later when he doesn't deliver and hopes everybody forgets what he said. Rinse, repeat. 

Shall we look again at this post soon ? 😉 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Go for it. Once you can perform a test on yourself and get the results yourself, then I'll hold my hands up and say the dollop of shite was correct. 

Doesn't this article miss the point?

Imagine all these pop up testing centres armed with a number of these. Folk drive in, have a swab taken and wait in their car for a few minutes.

Trained person looks at the test result and the results are given to the person.

Done and dusted in half an hour. No waiting for a day or two or three etc.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

10-19 year olds biggest infection rates but numbers now dropping faster than any other age group, very strange the rapid rate of decrease given they were all in school. 

think they want young kids to get it pass it round to each other 

so they are immune in the future 

they dont seem to suffer much from it 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Doesn't this article miss the point?

Imagine all these pop up testing centres armed with a number of these. Folk drive in, have a swab taken and wait in their car for a few minutes.

Trained person looks at the test result and the results are given to the person.

Done and dusted in half an hour. No waiting for a day or two or three etc.

Be ace that.

Why did Boris say you can do it yourself then?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Come on folk of WW

None

i reiterate an earlier post. And add.

no country has seen 4,000 deaths/ day

4,000 deaths a day would mean 4m cases/day

there’s something not quite right here

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Come on folk of WW

Had a few, first few just disappeared, apparently that was a glitch caused by  Apple or android or something. 
had a few since, and as others have received a follow up message saying don’t worry, been risk assessed and low risk of any exposure. 

lad at work gone one though and then up with isolate for 10 days due  to the risk .

he isolated , his wife and daughter got symptoms a few days after that and both tested positive , they’d only been been near him , not out anywhere,but he never got any symptoms and tested negative so looks like he just carried it. 

39 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

None

i reiterate an earlier post. And add.

no country has seen 4,000 deaths/ day

4,000 deaths a day would mean 4m cases/day

there’s something not quite right here

Possibly no-one has had 4,000 deaths a day because anyone who’s heading in that direction does something about it. Wouldn’t have taken long to get there if we’d just carried on as normal back in the spring.

Ive had the app a while. Was with a lad who tested positive 3 days later at an outside venue we both checked in at. Recieved no notification.

My brothers hairdresser mrs was tracked and traced, not on the app, by one her customers and received noticatuon to isolate 2 weeks too late.

I only got the app for the gym as its the only actual time I'm inside bar my house. Had 2 alerts saying someone has been close but then nothing when clicked on the screen.

Theres no way Im isolating without a test. Maybe isolate up to a test, but you can get fucked it you want me to stay at home for 2 weeks with no symptoms because some flawed app is telling me to. Not a chance in hell.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Theres no way Im isolating without a test. Maybe isolate up to a test, but you can get fucked it you want me to stay at home for 2 weeks with no symptoms because some flawed app is telling me to. Not a chance in hell.

I don't blame you

It's all a bit shit really, I know we were promised a "world leading app" and we all knew it wouldn't be, but this thing seems a bit farcical really

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Be ace that.

Why did Boris say you can do it yourself then?

Anyone using one will have to learn how to use it properly. Be honest, that shouldn't be too difficult. That includes medical professionals. 

If someone intends to purchase one privately (assuming that becomes possible) then its up to them to learn to use it properly.

In the first instance, they're not going out as personal machines- the Liverpool situation illustrates the point I made yesterday. I notice the Guardian has focused on this and hasn't continued with its negative approach from yesterday, maybe they jumped the gun.

Also remember Mick, you said the machines aren't coming.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone using one will have to learn how to use it properly. Be honest, that shouldn't be too difficult. That includes medical professionals. 

If someone intends to purchase one privately (assuming that becomes possible) then its up to them to learn to use it properly.

In the first instance, they're not going out as personal machines- the Liverpool situation illustrates the point I made yesterday. I notice the Guardian has focused on this and hasn't continued with its negative approach from yesterday, maybe they jumped the gun.

Also remember Mick, you said the machines aren't coming.

Boris said machines that let you test yourself and get the results yourself aren't coming. They aren't. 

Happy to clarify that for you.