Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

If you're from Bolton, then no (unless you're working) otherwise rule of 6 applies.

Not saying I agree, it's bollocks.

That's the thing, it is work related, 4 work colleagues planning a school outing for post covid. 

Might have to all drive there in separate cars, not really green friendly,

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

That's the thing, it is work related, 4 work colleagues planning a school outing for post covid. 

That's why I asked if it was work related, we're taking two kids to Wales (Lllandudno) next week, currently okay, but can change from day to day depending on local rules.

I'd be happy in one car personally, if no symptoms

7 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Take the same car, crack the windows open a bit to allow fresh air to circulate and maybe wear face coverings. No different to travelling in a taxi and a much smaller risk than sitting face to face on a train. 

10 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Just do not go. Wait till things get better and go then. 

8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Fair enough, a few days ago, that's still near enough 3 months longer than ours, I'm sure they coped though

Still doesn’t apply to Dublin though so not exactly conducive to encouraging tourism. 

Was reading about the Welsh  lockdown this morning and they aren’t allowed to leave their local borough ‘without good reason’. Far more restrictive than here, and I dare say more successful.  

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Still doesn’t apply to Dublin though so not exactly conducive to encouraging tourism. 

Was reading about the Welsh  lockdown this morning and they aren’t allowed to leave their local borough ‘without good reason’. Far more restrictive than here, and I dare say more successful.  

Why more successful?

How are we defining “success”?

12 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

No, only sorted on it Friday, test delivered today, they say don't post on a Sunday and only at a priority post box, so will do the swab and post tomorrow.

I'm in work tomorrow (College Education), apparently I go in until I get the test result. I have my own office so it's not to bad, but when this happens you do think I what should I do, what is the best course of action. I know I ain't got it, but you have that doubt and its a small percentage that thinks 'fuck! What if I do have it' ?

Think the big indicator is temperature isn’t it? I’ve a had a few colds this summer but took my temperature and it’s been normal so I’ve just cracked on. I’m no doctor mind 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Different steps. I don’t know anybody who has. Until it works properly I’m going nowhere near the bugger

The more users the better it will work. Also it might help initiate a local lockdown or in the case of Bolton, end it sooner.

There is nothing stopping you from ignoring a warning of close contact by the way.

• Site Supporter

I have the app downloaded and used a few times, as Radcliffe said earlier in the thread, kids footy is using it to check into venues, I’ve used it for that both at matches and training . 
I have question for someone who knows, or people can just advise what they think, but , example, yesterday I checked into a venue, 8 teams on at the same time as us, more on after etc, all checking in at the same location, no check out. 
on the app it states ‘blue tooth scanning on ‘ , hypothetically,does this mean I’ll only get notified if I was close enough to someone who tested positive there yesterday ? Surely they won’t notify everyone there ? There were people in their back gardens nearby closer to me than other parents on the top pitches, no where near each other at any time , but  the other parents will have checked in the same venue too though? 

Venue was top notch too, one way systems, auto hand sanitizers at the entrances to pitches , really doing their best to abide and comply with it all , more effort and good practice from the volunteers that run that than some of the work places beforehand now complaining they are shut 

Hospitaliastions are getting close to 300 average per day in England. (292 for last 3 days average)

7 days before it was 195

14 days before it was 138

End of Aug it was 50 ish.

So you can see how it's grown exponentially in a month.

Hospitalisations is an inidcator of the deaths to come a few weeks later, and a refelection of a rise in cases from a few weeks before.

It's very difficult to estimate how many of the hospitalised will die, some sources say its about 20 - 30% ultimately, but it depends on the demographic profile of the patients.

As case numbers are still going up, using basic arithmetic, you can see that its likely that hospitalisations will continue to rise for 2 weeks at least and therefore deaths will continue to rise for the next 3-4 weeks at least. I think we'll be near 100 a day within 2 weeks.

However, to put this into perspective, at the peak, we were hospitalising 2,900 per day, and deaths peaked at about 1,100 a day 3 weeks later, so we are miles off that, and I doubt we'll get anywhere near it, because the govmt will impose stricter restictions if the cases and hospitalistions continue to rise, and hopefully care homes are better protected this time.

One thing I have noticed from the data is that Wales looks like they're having a particluarily shit time of it. Their hospitalisations are at 60 a day, the equivalent of England being at 1,250 a day.

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Yep that’s the attitude that’s going to help get us out of this 👍🏼

What the point in using a flawed app? That won’t help anybody. 

Once they fix it, I’ll download it, but while it thinks I’m in Costa for 15 hours it’s nigh on fecking useless. 

Edited by mickbrown

31 minutes ago, fatolive said:

I have the app downloaded and used a few times, as Radcliffe said earlier in the thread, kids footy is using it to check into venues, I’ve used it for that both at matches and training . 
I have question for someone who knows, or people can just advise what they think, but , example, yesterday I checked into a venue, 8 teams on at the same time as us, more on after etc, all checking in at the same location, no check out. 
on the app it states ‘blue tooth scanning on ‘ , hypothetically,does this mean I’ll only get notified if I was close enough to someone who tested positive there yesterday ? Surely they won’t notify everyone there ? There were people in their back gardens nearby closer to me than other parents on the top pitches, no where near each other at any time , but  the other parents will have checked in the same venue too though? 

Venue was top notch too, one way systems, auto hand sanitizers at the entrances to pitches , really doing their best to abide and comply with it all , more effort and good practice from the volunteers that run that than some of the work places beforehand now complaining they are shut 

Bluetooth on mobiles usually works up to 30ft, will be less in your pocket - The app connects to others with their apps on - it will record how far away you were from the other mobile, and for how long - there will be some algorithm behind it that works out if you were in danger on not. 

The QR code is diferent - if someone tests positive after checking in at various places, it will send a message out to all of those who checked in using the same QR code  - im presuming with a time and date, so you can work out if you were there or not.

Thats how I understand it anyway.

and from what we know - your chances of catching outside in a well ventilated area, if you distance, are very very slim

Edited by peelyfeet

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Bluetooth works up to 30ft, will be less in your pocket - The app connects to others with their apps on - it will record how far away you were from the other mobile, and for how long - there will be some algorithm behind it that works out if you were in danger on not. 

The QR code is diferent - if someone tests positive after checking in at various places, it will send a message out to all of those who checked in using the same QR code  - im presuming with a time and date, so you can work out if you were there or not.

Thats how I understand it anyway.

and from what we know - your chances of catching outside in a well ventilated area, if you distance, are very very slim

Bluetooth can calculate how far away you are from another phone?