Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

I've signed an NDA, so I'm not allowed to say.......

It’s ok, we won’t tell anyone.

Hurry up, we’re all sat here with our Hargreaves Lansdowne accounts open and ready.

Edited by Spider

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

F1 teams are not making ventilators per se. The device they are making doesn’t breathe for the customer like a normal ventilator it simply pushes more oxygen into the system than a normal set up in a hospital is capable of and i believe is specific to treating this virus. 

thus don’t believe they are captured under these numbers. And I know for a fact that production of these devices is still going ahead 

Sorry I was referring to this initative: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-scraps-plans-to-buy-thousands-of-bluesky-ventilators-coronavirus

There are other projects involving F1 teams like Ventilator Challenge UK as per the first link and the CPAP stuff also all of which will hopefully help. 

[/QUOTE]

1 minute ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Sorry I was referring to this initative: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-scraps-plans-to-buy-thousands-of-bluesky-ventilators-coronavirus

There are other projects involving F1 teams like Ventilator Challenge UK as per the first link and the CPAP stuff also all of which will hopefully help. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes ate I knew the article you were referring to. That is late coming out it was somewhere else late last week from memory. 

good to see these companies doing there bit though to help 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Eh ? Pretty certain every fucker in the world knows what the symptoms are. It’s being drilled in to us everywhere you look, papers, Internet, Tv. They say if you have symptoms, isolate. If they get worse call whatever your own Countries Covid-19 hotline is. Therefore the only reason people from care homes are not ending up in hospital must be because the Care homes have been told that their customers are not going to get taken in to hospital.

Everyone knows the symptoms that the people you're quoting; papers, internet, tv, etc., are telling folk. 

These are the KNOWN symptoms. What if there are others that nobody has broadcast yet? 

Two and a bit years ago I had a mild heart attack. I'd learned and taught first aid and first aid at work and both basic and advanced life support for 25 years so you'd think I'd know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, after all, vice-like gripping across the chest, tingling sensation at the extremities of limbs were the signs and symptoms of a heart attack that I'd been reading and teaching but they weren't what I what feeling so I convinced myself it was something different. Three days later it all happened again and, as I was travelling to Cork the next day I went to my GP to see if he'd prescribe ventolin for this asthma I'd convinced myself it was. It was only then, when he said it was a heart attack that I even considered it. 

Just because you know what the media are saying are the signs and symptoms of Corona Virus don't think there is an exhaustive list because there absolutely won't be yet. Different strokes for different folks. 

Also, don't think every person working in a care home is any more qualified than to be dressing and undressing folk and wiping their arses. Some are, some aren't. 

25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

almost, it's a new company called Bassini Ventilators Ltd

That's the best news I've seen since this started.  They've secured one of the world's leading experts on the generation of hot air.

Now the only thing that can stop them is their notes blow away in the wind. We all need to get to work making paperweights and clipboards by the thousand. 

15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Everyone knows the symptoms that the people you're quoting; papers, internet, tv, etc., are telling folk. 

These are the KNOWN symptoms. What if there are others that nobody has broadcast yet? 

Two and a bit years ago I had a mild heart attack. I'd learned and taught first aid and first aid at work and both basic and advanced life support for 25 years so you'd think I'd know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack, after all, vice-like gripping across the chest, tingling sensation at the extremities of limbs were the signs and symptoms of a heart attack that I'd been reading and teaching but they weren't what I what feeling so I convinced myself it was something different. Three days later it all happened again and, as I was travelling to Cork the next day I went to my GP to see if he'd prescribe ventolin for this asthma I'd convinced myself it was. It was only then, when he said it was a heart attack that I even considered it. 

Just because you know what the media are saying are the signs and symptoms of Corona Virus don't think there is an exhaustive list because there absolutely won't be yet. Different strokes for different folks. 

Also, don't think every person working in a care home is any more qualified than to be dressing and undressing folk and wiping their arses. Some are, some aren't. 

Half a story Micky. 

What were your symptoms?

Read some twitter account by a GP who said she’s got it but the only symptoms she’s had is basically shitting herself for a month. She hasn’t had the test though, so how she’s managed to link these completely different symptoms to Coronavirus, god only knows 

Edited by mickbrown

25 minutes ago, leigh white said:

So in effect, it's pointless having them on the telly if they don't answer a question what's asked.

Demanding a yes/no answer to a question that at least needs an explanation of the answer is equally pointless. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Half a story Micky. 

What were your symptoms?

Short of breath but not enough to stop me walking to the car after the match on new year's day 2018 and driving home. As donn as I sat in car I was fine. 

Couldn't get comfortable at home so I lay on the floor. 

Nothing at all the next day and then on 3rd Jan I'd convinced myself it was indigestion and then asthma. 

18 minutes ago, Ani said:

Demanding a yes/no answer to a question that at least needs an explanation of the answer is equally pointless. 

If MPs can't answer a straight question, just terminate the interview and fuck them off the show and get somebody in who can answer questions truthfully.

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Short of breath but not enough to stop me walking to the car after the match on new year's day 2018 and driving home. As donn as I sat in car I was fine. 

Couldn't get comfortable at home so I lay on the floor. 

Nothing at all the next day and then on 3rd Jan I'd convinced myself it was indigestion and then asthma. 

A friend has had it, felt fine other than the loss of taste and smell. This followed up with an inexplicable terrible back pain for a couple of weeks. I've no doubt it'll affect people in different ways.

And also why so many (including myself) think there's a chance they've actually had it not long after Christmas