Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

@Ani May have an update on it when’s he’s finished counting my posts and trying to dissect my behavioral patterns. 

which many well qualified individuals have failed to do so I must add after many years of therapy sessions and consultations 

If you can do it be my guest I would welcome it 

If you are struggling with stuff mate, I genuinely apologise and wish you all the best, not joking.

The Gang of Four will remain nameless, purely for my own puerile amusement.

However, they certainly aren't blocked.

Bolty blocks people. You don't want to be like Bolty do you?

He isn't one by the way, he's in his own special gang of one that whopper.😀

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

The Gang of Four will remain nameless, purely for my own puerile amusement.

However, they certainly aren't blocked.

Bolty blocks people. You don't want to be like Bolty do you?

He isn't one by the way, he's in his own special gang of one that whopper.😀

For fucks sake, my post was a waste of time then, 

I've got a gang of 4 too, but that's another story

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

the replies on this. 

Z-list desperate gobshittery aside, it's a question that I don't think has been asked at all in the briefings (unlike other questions which have been asked several dozen times with no prospect of getting a straight answer).

If the peak is happening now, and this is as bad as it's going to get, what does that mean for all the extra ventilators and hospitals we're still making?

Boris wanted 30,000 ventilators for the peak, which Hancock revised to 18,000. We've got about 10k currently which they now think is enough. So are we still going to buy tens of thousands more from Dyson etc. should they ever get signed off?

Same with hospitals - we had 2,000+ spare critical care beds as of the weekend, which didn't include any from the Nightingale hospitals (around 9,000 beds across seven sites).

Edited by Tombwfc

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Z-list desperate gobshittery aside, it's a question that I don't think has been asked at all in the briefings (unlike other questions which have been asked several dozen times with no prospect of getting a straight answer).

If the peak is happening now, and this is as bad as it's going to get, what does that mean for all the extra ventilators and hospitals we're still making?

Boris wanted 30,000 ventilators for the peak, which Hancock revised to 18,000. We've got about 10k currently which they now think is enough. So are we still going to buy tens of thousands more from Dyson etc. should they ever get signed off?

Same with hospitals - we had 2,000+ spare critical care beds as of the weekend, which didn't include any from the Nightingale hospitals (around 9,000 beds across seven sites).

The obvious answer is that the next peak is planned to be higher

With more deaths than this time

Whether its the correct answer, we will just have to wait and see

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not trying to incite anyone so I’m not intending to sit back. I’m just contributing and enjoying my wee self. 
And you’ve gone to the extent of counting my number of posts in a specific period of time? Wow. 

@royal white what’s the word I’m looking for???

Obsessed by any chance? 

Guest Nordkurve
4 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Those Dyson ventilators, along with the Formula One team ventilators will not be built. They don’t perform as required. Not so sure about the JCB ones though. What I don’t understand is why all these people dying in Care homes have not been able to go to the Nightingale hospital if it has so much spare capacity.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

What I don’t understand is why all these people dying in Care homes have not been able to go to the Nightingale hospital if it has so much spare capacity.

Perhaps the old folk homes aren't being run by the numbers of medically trained staff who are capable of recognising the symptoms. By the time it spread through an old folks' home it was too late. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

A good article that and interesting.  It’s very difficult I imagine to have what are deemed essential strategies within the business/entity that take up so much time and capital as it does lead to deficiencies elsewhere be it staffing or under investment 

I only read it quickly but don’t recall it stating what the cost of this strategy has cost over say the last 5 years? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps the old folk homes aren't being run by the numbers of medically trained staff who are capable of recognising the symptoms. By the time it spread through an old folks' home it was too late. 

My stepmum works in a care home and has for about 15 years. 

She's a midwife but due to the language barrier and (what would be diagnosed as anxiety I suppose) an extreme case of intoversy. She's never wanted to work in a hospital over here. 

Shes seem people dying that she has known for years, lots of people, I can't get a number out of her as she's refusing to even talk about it.

My dad had all the symptoms at the same time as me but she didnt as they stayed separate, she's now back in, she can't mentally cope with it, and got sent home last night having chest pains (not breathing). She can't even get signed off by the doctors as it's just ringing out, so that's now unpaid.. the care home won't get proper PPE so there is no chance they will pay someone unless they have to. 

They're run with cheap labour as a way to keep older people in conforming surrounding and they have no way of dealing with this crisis,  the senior staff have experience of death and illness but not on this scale. There are a lot of inmigrant workers and young people in these homes, doing a job that others often won't. 

I can only imagine the horrors they are going through every deal with this. 

We walked to go and take her some treats last night, it's about all I can do to help. 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Astute observation from Alf about Diver and the Mick's "gang of four."

Diver is absolutely Masterful at this stuff, deft, subtle and economical with his language. Backs up with sources quoting facts that play to the gallery.

Prime example is the 200 "executives" referred to by Dan The Man who "wouldn't wish the NHS on anybody" Hannan early in the linked article. 

So who are these 200 faceless, clipboard wielding , paper shuffling, bean counting executives that Hannan so expertly conjures an image of?

Local Directors of Public Health, mainly ex GPs with responsibility for their local area.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Eh ? Pretty certain every fucker in the world knows what the symptoms are. It’s being drilled in to us everywhere you look, papers, Internet, Tv. They say if you have symptoms, isolate. If they get worse call whatever your own Countries Covid-19 hotline is. Therefore the only reason people from care homes are not ending up in hospital must be because the Care homes have been told that their customers are not going to get taken in to hospital.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Eh ? Pretty certain every fucker in the world knows what the symptoms are. It’s being drilled in to us everywhere you look, papers, Internet, Tv. They say if you have symptoms, isolate. If they get worse call whatever your own Countries Covid-19 hotline is. Therefore the only reason people from care homes are not ending up in hospital must be because the Care homes have been told that their customers are not going to get taken in to hospital.

Or like in Spain and the carers have done one