Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What are you most looking forward to doing when this is all over?

kent_white

Catching up with my mates either at gigs, escape rooms or just a brew and a chinwag.

Working from home means that my day to day hadn't changed much but I miss being able to just go out for a mooch somewhere with my mate and put the world to rights over a burger and a pint.

Getting back out into the real world and finding out that unlike on the internet the majority of people are sound and not argumentative pricks offended and outraged by everything.

Standing at a packed bar moaning that the barman keeps ignoring me seems very attractive at the moment

Going to see Samantha fish at Nottingham Rock City again (she is brilliant live, been tramping the American blues clubs since a teenager)

Thursday Quiz Night in my local

And of course proper live footy

Edited by Dimron

• Members

Been a bit gutted this year that my two best mates have had kids and I’ve not been able to properly see them which is a bit crap so looking forward to that

Cant wait to pop down and see my Grandma weekly, can’t be easy for elderly people especially when they live in their own 

21 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Escape Rooms? - blimey, top geeking!

We did an online one the other week. Can't tell whether it was good or not as I just got steaming. 

Theres an escape room type thing on Halliwell Road above the super car garage is good @Frank Spencer if you haven't already been (and they survive this). It's a bit like the crystal maze.

20 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Escape Rooms? - blimey, top geeking!

Yeah usually go every couple of months and do 3 or 4 in a day we've nearly done the ones in Manchester city centre.

They're a great laugh especially if you're with some good mates who don't take everything too serious. Also if the bod running the room is a good sort too.

You can usually tell within the first minute of getting there whether the room will be any cop just by the way the place is set up and how the staff great you.

Just now, stevieb said:

We did an online one the other week. Can't tell whether it was good or not as I just got steaming. 

Theres an escape room type thing on Halliwell Road above the super car garage is good @Frank Spencer if you haven't already been (and they survive this). It's a bit like the crystal maze.

We've tried doing the odd online one but it's not as fun.

Our next one was due to be Lucardo in Rawtenstall we were going to meet in bury and get the East Lancs steam train up there for the nerdiest day out. Then Rona happened

All the usual. What I find most interesting is what I'd like to keep the same. The flexibility of working is a god-send, getting rid of the be in, be seen culture. Saves us a fortune and like not wasting my life on trains, also then I enjoy the city a lot more. It also means I have longer time with the kids, which again I don't want to leave behind. Much calmer, and a bit happier I have to say. Means I can do the jobs I want, not the jobs I have to do to pay for the worklifestyle.

So, despite the ups and downs of this year I think I'm leaving it happier than I went into it. Plus I am confident of being more resiliant in a crisis. So ts not all be bad as a reset for a lot of people.

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Catching up with my mates either at gigs, escape rooms or just a brew and a chinwag.

Working from home means that my day to day hadn't changed much but I miss being able to just go out for a mooch somewhere with my mate and put the world to rights over a burger and a pint.

Getting back out into the real world and finding out that unlike on the internet the majority of people are sound and not argumentative pricks offended and outraged by everything.

Escape Rooms 

you should try the GERMAN one  that was a hard bastard to get out of