Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Labour Party

Spider

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's happened?

Something about hitting a cyclist with his SUV a few weeks ago

Edited by boltondiver

The Labour Party really need a leader to provide some proper opposition - someone with conviction and balls who’s actually constructive. 

A good opposition is needed to keep the governing party in check. 

Any suggestions ?

4 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

we need Sadiq to be Labour leader. Then job done, the end of it.

As a hard working roofer (?), you're exactly the kind of person Labour should be appealing to.  The amount of infighting could see the party split or disintegrate.  At any rate, an opposition as weak as this is disastrous for the country.

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

As a hard working roofer (?), you're exactly the kind of person Labour should be appealing to.  The amount of infighting could see the party split or disintegrate.  At any rate, an opposition as weak as this is disastrous for the country.

Agreed. And there were folk on this site a few weeks back saying labour were a shoe in at the next GE. They are a mess. Reading today that the “radical left” are making a move internally again and looking to oust starmer. Madness 

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Agreed. And there were folk on this site a few weeks back saying labour were a shoe in at the next GE. They are a mess. Reading today that the “radical left” are making a move internally again and looking to oust starmer. Madness 

I know party members on the left who absolutely hate Starmer.  Personally, I'm no fan but a centre left party is their only hope of being elected.  These same people despised Blair but he got elected by the people 3 times.  The UK and pretty much all of Europe, wont ever elect a hard left Govt ever again.

• Moderators

They should have no hope

Granted, its very difficult to see how they can do without scotland

But this current govt are plumbing new depths

I definitely wont be voting for them...for just the second time in my life

8 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Miami is more than an excellent roofer. He is a friend and confidante to stockbrokers and other city high-rollers. He has held high office - the highest in the land and he knows doctors, dentists and architects.

Any working class stock who'd vote for a bunch of posh boys who, in any other sphere, wouldn't exchange two words with you, over centre-left Labour needs their bumps feeling.

With Alexander Boris Sulaiman Pettigrew DeFeffel Johnson it's jobs for the Bullingdon boys and screw the working class whilst deceitfully playing the amiable bumbling buffoon.

It turns my stomach he's known by his first name by most - like he's a daft mate, not someone who'd set your small business alight for a laugh with his hooray-henry chums then refuse to piss on you when you caught fire.

BTW I've reported that libel to Party HQ, BD 😉.

Edited by Youri McAnespie