Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Ukraine

Rudy

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Not if 'mad vlad' has his way

He’s in a rush to secure his legacy.

Hopefully the rumours about his health are true and his days are numbered.

Transnistria would be his staging post for a pop at Moldova. Would certainly be an easier win than Ukraine.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Spider said:

We wouldn’t see set a single British soldier on Ukranian soil, simply not worth it if they are captured.

I’d imagine there’s a special forces presence on the borders, and Zelensky will be given all the intelligence he asks for, but any foreign nation risking a soldier on the front line would be asking for a wider conflict.

Those volunteers are just war-mad lunatics. Fair play to ‘em because I wouldn’t fancy being a Chechen POW.

Putin, by the way, has definitely got some serious illness. That’s bad news as he now has nothing to lose at all.

I still think he has the potential to really create havoc further afield.

A British soldier was on northwest tonight the other day. In Ukraine training them to deal with left over land mines and munitions. Was clearly there in an official capacity as he was wearing his British colours on his sleeve, with ukrainian ones on the other.

He wasn't fighting, but was there nonetheless 

Volunteers remove their colours from uniforms bought from surplus stores. 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Carlos said:

I dunno, everyone expected Ukraine to get steamrollered in days. Maybe special forces in Kiev to assist evacuation of VIPs. Not until they held out and it became clear there was a fight to be fought would they get involved imo.

Given the US/UK intelligence saying when the invasion would happen was fairly accurate, I'd say the west has been active well before conflict began. That intelligence would have been vital for Ukraine in deployment of its forces.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Our intelligence comes from the fact we have satellites where we can read number plates, not SAS on the ground.

So do the Russians. 

Far more too it, including knowing when (and largely what) the invasion plans were.

Satellites' effectiveness also affected by weather conditions at times.

Bound to be agents in the area, not necessarily sas types, and perhaps not just in Ukraine neither, but also in Russia.

• Members
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

😂

At school my mate left his computer unlocked, in the search bar i looked for Mein Kampf, anarchist cookbook and Lindsey dawn Mackenzie big tits. All blocked but all flagged to the IT dept and head teacher 😁

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I believe Western Ukraine allied with the Third Reich whereas Eastern Ukraine were allied to the Soviets, Putin has been trying to dig up that bit of history as some kind of reason for his actions.

All going too far now, neither side can afford to lose; if Putin is defeated, states such as Georgia and even Belarus will fancy their chances, if he gets a victory, China and every other autocracy will feel more enabled.

Whatever the result, we're going to be stuck with highly dangerous nuclear missiles pointing at each other along the borders again.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

More manure.

Stalin's "holodomor". 

I'm sure loads thought he was great.

The stakes are getting far too high now, its got to stop.

Trouble is the west are struggling to agree a united front, UN  Secretary General wanting Putin and Kelensky to meet directly, Johnson saying this will be impossible, Biden sat on his arse watching and all the while we all send a billion hypocritical dollars a day over to Russia and more weaponry into the battlefield.

I'll keep my peace now except to say I'm seriously worried whichever way it pans out, the world will never be the same.