Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Just tuned into Southgate’s press conference. I’m a bit confused? All he talked about was football. Thought it was all rainbows & kneeling. 

Some noise that for Flowers of Scotland. Fair play.

Come on England !

An astounding amount of boos for GSTK.

Edited by leigh white

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Just tuned into Southgate’s press conference. I’m a bit confused? All he talked about was football. Thought it was all rainbows & kneeling. 

Some noise that for Flowers of Scotland. Fair play.

Come on England !

Scotland the Brave is a better anthem imo

23 minutes ago, leigh white said:

An astounding amount of boos for GSTK.

Aye. But we expect that every time we play Scotland. It was worse to hear some of ours disrespecting Craig Brown IMO. Some of them seemed to stop but then started at it again. 

Don’t mind Flower of Scotland. The lyrics about it all staying in the past say it all for me. Taking what you can from history without repeating it. 

Edited by London Wanderer

25 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fucking hell, Dion Dublin seems a nice fella but he didn't half prattle on for the Ukraine match. Hope he's a bit quieter for tonight's game.

He's way too self-deprecating as well, spends more time talking about how shit he was than the actual match!

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye. But we expect that every time we play Scotland. It was worse to hear some of ours disrespecting Craig Brown IMO. Some of them seemed to stop but then started at it again. 

Don’t mind Flower of Scotland. The lyrics about it all staying in the past say it all for me. Taking what you can from history without repeating it. 

You almost seem to be suggesting it's OK then?

All this booing of anthems is and always has been rank.

As is breaking a minute's silence for CB.

The commentator said they were also having a minute's silence for Morocco too, which is getting silly.

Sad event yes, but football shouldn’t continually cheer lead grief for natural disasters around the world. Just have a collection before and after for the relief effort.