Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H) Pizza Cup

L/H White

• Members
15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It’s hardly Galatasaray Besiktas so yeah why bother .

The smoke ones have since made an appearance recently, now they are shit, especially the white ones, looks like the smoke machine was left on in the conny club

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Gonk said:

Don't forget 7pm Kick off.

Right, often the answer to why our league game endure a kick off time of 8.00, is to do with council by-laws. We even heard it was to give the fans used to travelling to Burnden Park a bit of extra time to get all the way to Horwich. 

Any other reasons/excuses?

We all know the travel-time reason is bollocks; certainly after 24 years up at Middlebrook.

Well a 7.00 kick off also blows the local by-law reason out of the water too.

Dear Supporters Trust, could you ask the question? We’ve already discussed the increase in attendance at midweek league games by those with younger family members.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

It’s hardly Galatasaray Besiktas so yeah why bother .

The smoke ones have since made an appearance recently, now they are shit, especially the white ones, looks like the smoke machine was left on in the conny club

Sickened. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do we think Evatt will start Ameachi and Dapo tonight given Dapo had a day off at the weekend and Ameachi is trying to achieve full fitness. Would be interesting to see them start together.    

7D60C8C3-6298-4A1C-AF6D-6ADDF07B0EAD.thumb.png.5c6d92c5d1c6c9d37c8ea51be84f9af1.png
Going to be interesting to see which way IE goes. The BEN are suggesting this line up, probably based on his interview yesterday where he talks about resting players and playing some of the young lads, but as you say there are some senior players who either didn’t play Saturday or might benefit from a run out like Dapo and Amaechi. However I’d hate us to lose any of our first 11 in this game.

Think I’d prefer to see them on the bench tonight and use them if need be, then unleash them together in the league game next week. But whichever way he goes it’s catch 22, so no criticism from me with whichever line up he goes for. 

Edited by desperado

43 minutes ago, desperado said:

7D60C8C3-6298-4A1C-AF6D-6ADDF07B0EAD.thumb.png.5c6d92c5d1c6c9d37c8ea51be84f9af1.png
Going to be interesting to see which way IE goes. The BEN are suggesting this line up, probably based on his interview yesterday where he talks about resting players and playing some of the young lads, but as you say there are some senior players who either didn’t play Saturday or might benefit from a run out like Dapo and Amaechi. However I’d hate us to lose any of our first 11 in this game.

Think I’d prefer to see them on the bench tonight and use them if need be, then unleash them together in the league game next week. But whichever way he goes it’s catch 22, so no criticism from me with whichever line up he goes for. 

If it was me  I would give Amaechi and hour and would give Santos a complete rest and put Baptiste in. 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Right, often the answer to why our league game endure a kick off time of 8.00, is to do with council by-laws. We even heard it was to give the fans used to travelling to Burnden Park a bit of extra time to get all the way to Horwich. 

Any other reasons/excuses?

We all know the travel-time reason is bollocks; certainly after 24 years up at Middlebrook.

Well a 7.00 kick off also blows the local by-law reason out of the water too.

Dear Supporters Trust, could you ask the question? We’ve already discussed the increase in attendance at midweek league games by those with younger family members.

Aye, 8pm kick offs at home have got on my tits for years.

Even bringing them forward to 7.30 would make a big difference for many.

5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Aye, 8pm kick offs at home have got on my tits for years.

Even bringing them forward to 7.30 would make a big difference for many.

Half the Prem games are kicking off at 7.30 this week.  I know its for TV purposes, but just shows it can be done, even with 50k+ crowds at Newcastle,  West Ham and Spurs.