Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham a

radcliffe white

I ended up among the natives and they definitely weren't happy, they were expecting a walkover and in my opinion we almost had the buggers. They could have been down to 10 men in the first half.

Dixon made some good saves, i recall one reaction save in particular. With a bit more steel in midfield we could have done the job, I daren't mention Sarc but MJ would have made a difference. 

This team does wind me up, we should do more in front of goal and again free kicks and corners let us down.

Never been called "Bud" so many times in my life 

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I ended up among the natives and they definitely weren't happy, they were expecting a walkover and in my opinion we almost had the buggers. They could have been down to 10 men in the first half.

Dixon made some good saves, i recall one reaction save in particular. With a bit more steel in midfield we could have done the job, I daren't mention Sarc but MJ would have made a difference. 

This team does wind me up, we should do more in front of goal and again free kicks and corners let us down.

Never been called "Bud" so many times in my life 

Almost had....presume you mean the last minute sitter

Can't fault the effort and commitment from players and fans alike today. We were running on fumes the last 15 mins, but we could and should have nicked a point at the death.

Result was probably fair and my main gripe was poor officiating yet again.

Good to catch up with a few off here, next stop Hartlepool.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

No one hid today.

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

Can't fault the effort and commitment from players and fans alike today. We were running on fumes the last 15 mins, but we could and should have nicked a point at the death.

Result was probably fair and my main gripe was poor officiating yet again.

Good to catch up with a few off here, next stop Hartlepool.

Spot on.

Brave effort today.

Brilliant backing from the fans 

I thought we played well today all things considered. 

Delf gave the ball away too much but he's hardly Xavi. 

Dixons reaction save from close quarters followed by one at full stretch was superb and had me thinking we might nick it. 

Wasnt to be but there's signs from todays performance that we might do alright. 

I think most expected us to her our pants pulled down but we gave a good account of ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I don’t recall Delf touching the ball much tbh - he hid well.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

No one hid today.

I just don’t remember him showing for the ball or doing much tbh.

Yes there was more effort & commitment from our players than there has been of late, but i can’t say i was that happy with the overall performance -was relieved we didn’t get mega bummed though.

• Site Supporter

Just watched the goals.

Woman on 5 live said our goal was a strike from 30 yards!

Main issue for their goals is the supply. Good striker in the middle thrives on service, and they get balls in. We don't tend to double up much, and Isgrove provides as much support to his fullback as anyone, and he's not available.

Something to build on though.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I expected a thorough tonking or a professional 2 ir 3 goal win to Rothergam. It seems we did well ... trouble is "doing well" currently doesn't get us the points we need.

No, doing well doesn’t, but it will make them a bit more hungry against teams we know we can get a result from, and that’s encouraging.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I expected a thorough tonking or a professional 2 ir 3 goal win to Rothergam. It seems we did well ... trouble is "doing well" currently doesn't get us the points we need.

Not long ago we did very badly at Fleetwood and got tonked 3 - 0.

Bit of an improvement. 

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched the goals.

Main issue for their goals is the supply. Good striker in the middle thrives on service, and they get balls in. We don't tend to double up much, and Isgrove provides as much support to his fullback as anyone, and he's not available.

We could do with a proper old fashioned number 9, don’t think that’s Bakoyoko but still seem enough of him to know for sure but not from the little I’ve seen. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched the goals.

Wouldn't want her measuring me up for a carpet.

Looked like a decent performance all in all. As usual they took their chances and we didn't.

Just back & thought it was a good effort with the only difference between their top of the league team & us, being their 7ft centre forward  Smith who we never got to grips with, & even then we could have pinched a point with the 2 half chances at the end.

Dixon was safe & from the far end, seemed to make a couple of blinding saves, Santos was v good but Smith was bright enough to play on the other defenders, Delf & Thomason didn't create much but  worked hard for the team, upfront Doyle, Dapo & Kachunga all had their moments but were more individuals than a unit & MOTM was Johnston, who did a great job defending in the MJ role.

Great support from the 991, except again from a small number of loudmouths squealing "geddit forward", "geddit in the box" even though we won nothing in the air against their bigger defenders but created a few chances when we passed it around & kept it on the floor.