Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brand Evatt

desperado

Haven't listened but I'd be surprised if he meant fans of the club. Evatt takes shit wherever he goes from other fans, managers, Press, etc and would be itching to ram it back down their throats. Lots of great managers are like this, Ferguson was a touchy prick, comes with the territory, Rioch was much the same even though we all love him, get on his wrong side and it was a long way back.

I think he should be more considered in his comments but he isn't so we have to learn to live with it. Also it's ironic he gets called a snowflake on here when we regularly get 'meet me outside the club shop love' for expressing differing options.

4 minutes ago, perth_white said:

Haven't listened but I'd be surprised if he meant fans of the club. Evatt takes shit wherever he goes from other fans, managers, Press, etc and would be itching to ram it back down their throats. Lots of great managers are like this, Ferguson was a touchy prick, comes with the territory, Rioch was much the same even though we all love him, get on his wrong side and it was a long way back.

I think he should be more considered in his comments but he isn't so we have to learn to live with it. Also it's ironic he gets called a snowflake on here when we regularly get 'meet me outside the club shop love' for expressing differing options.

The 'plan B', 'tippy-tappy football' critics were out after Blackpool & Wigan, then only a last minute draw last weekend. He's taken to 'being hurt & angry'.

He's reacting to that.

He's very thin-skinned.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The 'plan B', 'tippy-tappy football' critics were out after Blackpool & Wigan, then only a last minute draw last weekend. He's taken to 'being hurt & angry'.

He's reacting to that.

He's very thin-skinned.

Maybe he is thin skinned and should keep his opinions closer to his chest but it's not like a Megson situation when he seemed to actively detest most of the fans. He doesn't need to attend every argument he's invited to but neither do we. If we just let it slide it will stop it becoming a big deal.

Anyway meet me outside the club shop love, I just have to save for flights so I think I can lose a fight to you in 2027, that'll learn you.

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

Are you suggesting a small clip on the Internet isn't the full story? :)

No @Cheese is suggesting that to spend time arguing minor details on any subject for hours and hours is something only a real knobhead would do. 😂😎👍.

He won't think of coming back and arguing over something just for the sake of it. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter

Let’s not forget his early coaching days would probably have been mentored by Ian Holloway. Very few run their mouth off more than he does.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I really wish he could just get over it

Days after praising the atmosphere and people getting back on board with a great performance as well

Well if that is what is motivating them to promotion crack on with the criticism I saw 

Let's get toxic on them all the way to the title

11 hours ago, perth_white said:

Anyway meet me outside the club shop love, I just have to save for flights so I think I can lose a fight to you in 2027, that'll learn you.

Bllx. No need to wait that long. I'm due in Oz next year.

Zimmers at 20 paces.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Interesting to read from a neutral 

If you talk big you have to back it up, and when it really matters we often come up short

Have a break, heads down and crack on

The frustration is we're starting to look like flat track bullies 

55 minutes ago, Zico said:

Interesting to read from a neutral 

If you talk big you have to back it up, and when it really matters we often come up short

Have a break, heads down and crack on

The frustration is we're starting to look like flat track bullies 

Not sure he's a neutral, 12 articles, all about Bolton.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, desperado said:

Cracking bit of man-management with the water pistols from Evatt 👏

Collins’ celebration for the first goal, wasn’t it? 😂 Shows how these things play out externally and always the same as what is said within the group