Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We really are fucked up. How on earth does he get granted asylum.

This is a fucking joke, like the guy who got granted asylum because he'd forgotten how to speak his native language

"His asylum application was twice turned down, but granted on the third occasion when he claimed to have converted to Christianity, and that being returned to Afghanistan was therefore a risk."

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Zico said:

This is a fucking joke, like the guy who got granted asylum because he'd forgotten how to speak his native language

"His asylum application was twice turned down, but granted on the third occasion when he claimed to have converted to Christianity, and that being returned to Afghanistan was therefore a risk."

What type of Christianity?

Rangers or Celtic?

If only the government actually invested the money wasted on the Rwanda bollocks in clearing the backlog and hiring competent people to process asylum claims it would actually be beneficial to preventing not rights staying when they shouldn't be and preventing legitimate claimants waiting in limbo for far too long unable to contribute to the economy

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

If only the government actually invested the money wasted on the Rwanda bollocks in clearing the backlog and hiring competent people to process asylum claims it would actually be beneficial to preventing not rights staying when they shouldn't be and preventing legitimate claimants waiting in limbo for far too long unable to contribute to the economy

In other words, just do their job?

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

My mate just had his visa turned down to go to the US for a month becasue he got  charged with public order when he was 19 in 1996. 

Visa or ESTA? 

A spent conviction in the UK doesn't mean that it's a spent conviction in the good old US of A. 

I've got a criminal damage conviction from 1999 if I want to go to America I need to apply for a full visa as I'm not entitled to an ESTA. 

(I was pissed up and decided to remove the number plates, wing mirrors and windscreen wipers from several parked cars to make my walk home from the pub more interesting BTW 🤦

2 hours ago, dave2980 said:

Visa or ESTA? 

A spent conviction in the UK doesn't mean that it's a spent conviction in the good old US of A. 

I've got a criminal damage conviction from 1999 if I want to go to America I need to apply for a full visa as I'm not entitled to an ESTA. 

(I was pissed up and decided to remove the number plates, wing mirrors and windscreen wipers from several parked cars to make my walk home from the pub more interesting BTW 🤦

Not sure mate tbh.

Hes been 2-3 times to Orlando and all that caper but this trip is a whopper. LA, NY, Florida then 10 days in Cancun.

Not sure if he needed a different type of visa this time but it was declined on his conviction.

Hes having to go to London next week to appeal it in person.

Holiday differed for a year. 

Hes hoping to move out there next year toò....

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Well yes but the government seem determined to come up with hare brained schemes rather than using that money to actually process people properly

Thing is, they are being processed according to our own rules. Those rules recently changed, but they're still too lacks.

Either that, or those civil servants conducting the work aren't applying the rules fully, but I'm not sure that would be wholesale. 

Iirc, around 70% of applications are accepted. Much less elsewhere. 

We need someone with a set of balls to say fuck off to these unscrupulous lawyers who look for any loophole, and introduce requisite legislation to hammer it all down.

Don't necessarily need to fuck the ECHR off, just do what others do and ignore rulings not in our best interests, and deport them immediately. 

We genuinely are a soft touch, for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thing is, they are being processed according to our own rules. Those rules recently changed, but they're still too lacks.

Either that, or those civil servants conducting the work aren't applying the rules fully, but I'm not sure that would be wholesale. 

Iirc, around 70% of applications are accepted. Much less elsewhere. 

We need someone with a set of balls to say fuck off to these unscrupulous lawyers who look for any loophole, and introduce requisite legislation to hammer it all down.

Don't necessarily need to fuck the ECHR off, just do what others do and ignore rulings not in our best interests, and deport them immediately. 

We genuinely are a soft touch, for whatever reason.

If they're being processed why is there such a huge backlog of folk waiting for a decision?

140 million quid would go along way to solving many of the issues rather than some none starter ideas to ship um off to Africa 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, frank_spencer said:

If they're being processed why is there such a huge backlog of folk waiting for a decision?

140 million quid would go along way to solving many of the issues rather than some none starter ideas to ship um off to Africa 

Speed is one thing, accuracy is another.

If they don't process them correctly, then appeals become more likely. 

Slowness comes about when numbers of applicants outweigh those doing the processing. 

Another 1500 civil servants have been brought in, and they are slowly getting through them, and that will have cost a shit load to pay for.

But then they let in 700,000 so it's no wonder they're inundated with new applicants.

You worked for the council, and no doubt did your job diligently according to whatever rules/conventions required.

If some one suddenly doubles your work load, you're not getting through it all in the same time frame as before.

5 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

This legitimate not right had his asylum case considered

Three times

36 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not sure mate tbh.

Hes been 2-3 times to Orlando and all that caper but this trip is a whopper. LA, NY, Florida then 10 days in Cancun.

Not sure if he needed a different type of visa this time but it was declined on his conviction.

Hes having to go to London next week to appeal it in person.

Holiday differed for a year. 

Hes hoping to move out there next year toò....

I was just about to suggest he request an interview. My partner failed her ESTA as her passport wasn't biometric, had to go to London.

It was when we emigrated to NZ. Like a dick I booked a flight via LA. Very much stress we didn't need. 

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

He’s awake and bombing brown folk.

You like that, I know you do 😊😊

No. I have no problem with 'brown folk'. It seems that you and the other virtue signalling zealots who consistently use this term on here do as it must always be at the forefront of your mind. There must be a lot of guilt about past racist behaviour by you lot to explain this obsession?

If that weak as piss Biden has decided to bomb a few of Iran's proxies around the Middle East because they are fucking with the worlds economy then fair enough. I don't really care what colour of their skin is. Just bomb the cunts and then bomb them again to make sure. One has to consider one's own hip pocket nerve.

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolty58 said:

No. I have no problem with 'brown folk'. It seems that you and the other virtue signalling zealots who consistently use this term on here do as it must always be at the forefront of your mind. There must be a lot of guilt about past racist behaviour by you lot to explain this obsession?

If that weak as piss Biden has decided to bomb a few of Iran's proxies around the Middle East because they are fucking with the worlds economy then fair enough. I don't really care what colour of their skin is. Just bomb the cunts and then bomb them again to make sure. One has to consider one's own hip pocket nerve.

Can’t believe you’re suddenly ok with Biden.

you twist and turn so much these days it’s hard to keep up.

Trump would have flown over there, banged the ragheads together and established peace in time for breakfast.

You’re losing your touch.

😎

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Can’t believe you’re suddenly ok with Biden.

you twist and turn so much these days it’s hard to keep up.

Trump would have flown over there, banged the ragheads together and established peace in time for breakfast.

You’re losing your touch.

😎

And, it seems, you are losing your mind.

You've been in the Aldi liquor store and partaken of todays specials as your Friday night treat again haven't you?

I'm off for my full English now pal. Back in a few hours.

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolty58 said:

You've been in the Aldi liquor store and partaken of todays specials as your Friday night treat again haven't you?

Dry as a bone unfortunately 

I’m assuming you’ve a hangover after emptying a Dan Murphys of its xxxx

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Explains the gut in your LinkedIn photo😁

• Members
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Dry as a bone unfortunately 

I’m assuming you’ve a hangover after emptying a Dan Murphys of its xxxx

As is always the case it seems, you could not be more wrong. My favourite tipple isn't Australian. Silly boy.

10 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Speed is one thing, accuracy is another.

If they don't process them correctly, then appeals become more likely. 

Slowness comes about when numbers of applicants outweigh those doing the processing. 

Another 1500 civil servants have been brought in, and they are slowly getting through them, and that will have cost a shit load to pay for.

But then they let in 700,000 so it's no wonder they're inundated with new applicants.

You worked for the council, and no doubt did your job diligently according to whatever rules/conventions required.

If some one suddenly doubles your work load, you're not getting through it all in the same time frame as before.

To be fair, that's a bit if an excuse as processing has got significantly worse in the last decade and numbers of case worker brought down or people have left. Its only very recently anything has been done about this as there has been far too much time spent on headline grabbing non policies and not enough on the actual boring work.

And that is inexcusable.

47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

To be fair, that's a bit if an excuse as processing has got significantly worse in the last decade and numbers of case worker brought down or people have left. Its only very recently anything has been done about this as there has been far too much time spent on headline grabbing non policies and not enough on the actual boring work.

And that is inexcusable.

And not forgetting Robert Jenrick claimed the delays in processing claims was a deliberate policy.  Not as effective as painting over murals obviously.

• Site Supporter

That this bloke was granted asylum show that the whole system is on its knees.

Either deliberately, or because of utter incompetence by our leaders.

A bit of both is my guess.