Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby a

radcliffe white

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Is where I'm at with it.... I think Nlundulu & Shoretire will improve us but I'd give anything for a Nathan Blake type up top, we're far too lightweight. 

Nathan Blake and his big arse wouldn't get away with his patented back in to the defender and turn technique these days

• Site Supporter
Just now, frank_spencer said:

Nathan Blake and his big arse wouldn't get away with his patented back in to the defender and turn technique these days

Get the ball to him & it would stick, he'd win his fair share of fouls too. It comes back far too easily when played into Charles. 

Just now, Farnywhite said:

Going to put evatt in a bit of a difficult position if he lets him go now always seems to take is chance when given but like dapo difficult to fit in to the system . 

Agree but how can he put Kachunga on before him as Kachunga just doesn’t know how to score . 

1 minute ago, Eavesy said:

How the fuck we have ended up with him ahead of Declan John is ridiculous and will cost us. 

Miles off it Williams and has been from the start.

Williams as played more games for Bolton in the last couple of weeks than he as all season for hull probably fatigued. He was definitely quicker the first game he played 

11 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Ipswich and there finances on another level derby and sheff wed  not far behind the sooner they go up the better for me unfortunately we will be stuck with one of them at least next season 

And then there's Plymouth who are 14 points above Derby on a similar budget to Bolton.It can be be done if managed well enough

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Shows our level. Not quite good enough against the better teams.

They’re better than us and far more clinical, we wouldn’t score the 2 goals they have. We’ll be in the play offs but we’re not one of the 3 best teams in this league.

Correct, not one of the best 4 either, no shame in that.  But if the target is the play offs, I'm a bit concerned that our squad has deteriorated with the loss of those 3 strikers and 2 left backs Iredale and John.  Adding Santos to the list, rightly or wrongly, and the team that got us to this position has changed a lot so its almost a re-set now.

2 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Agree but how can he put Kachunga on before him as Kachunga just doesn’t know how to score . 

Comes down to hold up play for kachunga and the system again  we need a  better version of kachunga for  it to work . Think Sadler if he stays is going to be still a impact player or emergency centre forward 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Games like this make the John and Dapo decisions look beyond mental.

If they want to go though?

Anyway, it does suggest were not quite where we need to be, but that's no great issue for me.

We're developing, and getting better each season.

On a comparatively small budget, and living sustainably, I reckon a play off finish would be a decent achievement. 

We beat Portsmouth twice in a week but then lose at Derby. It's where we are as a club in microcosm. Good enough for 5th/6th but no better. Progress but still short of the very best in the division. It doesn't bode well for our fortunes if we do get in the play offs .... but then these are good dilemmas to have compared to 12 months and two years ago.