Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (H)

Zico

• Site Supporter

SJM v Kachunga. 

Neither should have punched the opponent.

However, one worked his bollocks off, showed passion and scored goals. Even went in goal and did well.

The other is the antithesis of all of that.

SJM earned the respect (and acceptance of his punch).

The other fucker hasn't. 

• Site Supporter

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23274328.bolton-wanderers-boss-will-stand-elias-kachunga-red-card-row/

Addressing the players’ reception from the crowd, Evatt said the club had a duty to support him in the long term – but could not excuse his actions on the night.

“Taking tonight out of the equation, I think he has had a rough time of things,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think he deserves more respect than sometimes he is shown.

“The goals thing, obviously we all see that, but there is so much more that he brings to the team.

“Today, he has let himself down. For tonight he has got nobody else to blame but himself. But in general – and they are two different things here – we should support him. He needs support.”

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23274328.bolton-wanderers-boss-will-stand-elias-kachunga-red-card-row/

Addressing the players’ reception from the crowd, Evatt said the club had a duty to support him in the long term – but could not excuse his actions on the night.

“Taking tonight out of the equation, I think he has had a rough time of things,” he told The Bolton News.

“I think he deserves more respect than sometimes he is shown.

“The goals thing, obviously we all see that, but there is so much more that he brings to the team.

“Today, he has let himself down. For tonight he has got nobody else to blame but himself. But in general – and they are two different things here – we should support him. He needs support.”

A fair ask.

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

Shortly before he came off, one of those glided past him with the ball and he clumsily/lazily attempted to trip him from behind and couldn't even execute that.

This isn't a knee-jerk from last night, I've questioned for a long time what he brings to the table and constantly find that the answer is little/nothing. If anything, he was a negative influence last night.

Thankfully he’s out of contract at the end of this season. 

• The topic was unpinned

He might be a good character, nice guy and a positive influence around the dressing room. There’s plenty of those around who also have a positive impact on the pitch. 

on the whole the fanbase has been very patient with him. But that’s running out very quickly. For all of Evatts defence of him I’ve never walked away from a game thinking “he’s been fantastic today” or thought he was unlucky or could see where his luck was going to change. Baka looked more impressive than him last night and that’s saying something 

10 hours ago, boogs said:

For all we know, and I'd hope, he was trying to tell the ref. 

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

He was. Evatt confirmed so in that interview I posted earlier.

He might have told Evatt that, but I'm unconvinced. It was in front of us and it seemed like he was trying to show the ref that he'd been hit too. He was holding his lip/cheek out to show the ref, so I'm not sure how coherently he could have been pleading Dion's case.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

He might have told Evatt that, but I'm unconvinced. It was in front of us and it seemed like he was trying to show the ref that he'd been hit too. He was holding his lip/cheek out to show the ref, so I'm not sure how coherently he could have been pleading Dion's case.

So he's a lying bastard now as well.

39 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fair enough.

Ive never noted his lack of effort before that final 5 mins of his appearance last night and in any game before tbh.

His lack of effort always been the least of our worries, hes just a bit kack.

Maybe he was shagged last night or picked up a knock who knows.

Lad doesnt deserve booing off the pitch either way. Nobody in a white shirt does. Ever.

Spot on mate.

Anyone who suggests he ain't trying is a moron, we had the same with Delfonso, does anyone think Evatt would tolerate a player not trying ? 

I do not rate him as a player and his 'stats' are simply not very good. Last was daft but happens in games, lot less 'petulant' than Dapo at Lincoln. But the reaction to the substitution was embarrassing, even if Lee did more as a forward than he did ! 

He will be banned for next three games and by then hopefully have someone else in. 

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Tbf Evatt said the staff were arguing it was not Dion too so the stories are consistent

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The collective tide is turning on kachunga now. Even if he doesn’t get a retrospective ban even though we’re short on numbers up top he needs to be pulled out the firing line for a bit. It’s beginning to turn toxic for him 

what is needed is folk not to turn on our own players

its fucking shit

evatt says itll be dealt with and that should be the end of it

while evatt wants to be able to pick him, fan reaction shouldnt come into his thinking