Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich Home

Ani

19 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They were the best team Ive seen this season by a mile. The number 5 and little dude controlling things up top. 

Pen goes in mind its a different story. Fine margins change games but they were light-years ahead of us today in every department.

Bit of a dawn of realisation today. Its a marathon not a sprint and we are falling short a little as it stands. Its where sqaud depth and quality comes in to play.

Beaten by the better team. Get Sheffield Wednesday out of the way then its operation saving a play off place.

As I said earlier if we can’t get 6th out of our remaining fixtures then that’s totally unacceptable 

26 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I see glimpses of quality with him. And to be fair he's getting really poor service. I think he'll come good. He's got really good feet and holds the ball up well when you play to him on the ground. 

I agree there are glimpses of quality.  But he's 25 and has no track record to speak of, when you think we've got JDB, Dapo and Jerome on frees for eg, it just seems surprising to spend so much on someone that just shows glimpses.  This isn't anti-Vic, he's far from being crap, I'm just not seeing a half million player there currently.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not denying any of that. We were shite all over the park today. Gave them far too much respect from the first minute. And Dempsey should never have kicked that ball out when their no. 34 was rolling around in the centre circle. Toal and Mbete have been notably dreadful with their distribution last few games.

Dead right about Dempsey. Traf was going berserk!

Perhaps he was hoping that by exhibiting some compassion, the judge might go easy on him!

If Kachunga had started and played like Victor did he’d be getting dog’s abuse. Williams also looks comically inept.

Get Friday out the way, put a performance in at Wembley and then a decent run of fixtures will hopefully see us hit some form for the playoffs. Still fancy us for 5th/6th and half a chance then but results against the other top teams remains a worry.

45 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its a bad run, we do bad runs, so its impossible to say if its anything to do with Wembley.  And we were already playing poorly (Wycombe and the laboured performance v 10 men at Accy).  Also difficult to tell if its a cause for concern when we're getting par for the course results for the fixtures we've had - beat lower teams at home, fail to score against higher teams and Pompey, struggle at small grounds.  Won't really know if it’s an unusually bad run till our next "unexpected" defeat.

True and we’re  capable of turning up at Wembley every thing clicking and playing like Brazil on the day  

Without going back . Is it evatt out and warnock in tonight?

Get a grip.   We are in league 1 ,  we didnt perform against a team looking at top 2.  Play offs would be nice,  but not for some apparently     slowly building is fine by me

• Site Supporter

Just remembered that utter twat in North Lower who held onto the ball so he could give the V's to their goalkeeper instead of throwing it back on the pitch. We're 2-0 down you fucking knob.

29 minutes ago, QFPants said:

If Kachunga had started and played like Victor did he’d be getting dog’s abuse. Williams also looks comically inept.

Get Friday out the way, put a performance in at Wembley and then a decent run of fixtures will hopefully see us hit some form for the playoffs. Still fancy us for 5th/6th and half a chance then but results against the other top teams remains a worry.

Victor did better than Charles today. Even disregarding the penalty miss! 

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Just remembered that utter twat in North Lower who held onto the ball so he could give the V's to their goalkeeper instead of throwing it back on the pitch. We're 2-0 down you fucking knob.

Knob maybe, but did we lose because of that?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

They were the best team Ive seen this season by a mile. The number 5 and little dude controlling things up top. 

Morsy is just a run of the mill Wigan grafter.Sadly looked a division above anything in Bolton's midfield.

I think Bolton dropped their heads when Portsmouth equalised and haven't lifted them yet.

Just now, Roger_Dubuis said:

Morsy is just a run of the mill Wigan grafter.Sadly looked a division above anything in Bolton's midfield.

I think Bolton dropped their heads when Portsmouth equalised and haven't lifted them yet.

I’d snatch your hands off for morsy if he came available, grafter, leader and exactly what we lack. 

30 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Get a grip.   We are in league 1 ,  we didnt perform against a team looking at top 2.  Play offs would be nice,  but not for some apparently     slowly building is fine by me

Great post… Rome wasn’t built in a day, gradual progress over 4/5 seasons and that’ll build our foundations for the championship and will help us establish ourselves. 

45 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Nobody's suggesting Evatt out.  Just comments on the game, individual players that played well or didn't, tactics, subs etc.  Same as when we win a game.  But when we win and everything's positive, nobody comes on and says get a grip we're in league 1, we played a team lower than us and won, why the praise?  Just comments about today's game on a chat forum. 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

As I said earlier if we can’t get 6th out of our remaining fixtures then that’s totally unacceptable 

For tangible progress we simply have to finish in the play-offs.

After todays results It’s looking like we will only need 12 points.

We should manage that from our last 8 games given the opposition. 

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Yeah that was the problem today.