Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough v sheff weds

radcliffe white

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Though, oddly, every team in the division ... & many other Divisions, knew this when the season began.

We hope to be beneficiaries of it.

If Wednesday were that good they should have stayed in the top two.

Spot on. Play offs are awesome. We’ve had a mixed bag in my lifetime of the wanderers and I wouldn’t change them for the world. Could argue we went down in 98 with an amazing points tally compared to nowadays but that would be silly.

I watched Moore's interview after the game. Pretty direct questions too. Politely received and largely deflected without any belligerence. What, to my mind oddly, he didn't say was wtte "yes, it's a mess & it's going to be quite a task but we have a match to go where we can do all in our ability to turn this round. It's a big ask but they've just done it to us & we can do it to them. We've been way superior to date & need to be so next week.  Every player & every fan has a part to play. We're not giving up".

Instead it was doom & despondency and, worst of all, acceptance.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Though, oddly, every team in the division ... & many other Divisions, knew this when the season began.

We hope to be beneficiaries of it.

If Wednesday were that good they should have stayed in the top two.

Practical and brutal as ever, Dr F! I'm not knocking the play offs. I think they're great.  It shows what a strong division it was when a side gets 96 points, averages 28000 every week and yet still misses out. 

9 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Practical and brutal as ever, Dr F! I'm not knocking the play offs. I think they're great.  It shows what a strong division it was when a side gets 96 points, averages 28000 every week and yet still misses out. 

🤣🤣🤣 You're very welcome.

Was out last night so only seen the goals this morning. Keeper's had a stinker for that first one.

Second one looked like he could've done better too but it was a good strike in fairness.

If that sort of result doesn't make you more nervous I don't know what will. However, I'm relieved that the chances of facing Sheffield in a final are now much lower. Now just got to do our business.

If we lose today just hope we keep it within 1 goal.

17 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

Big job on at weds next season. No chance can they afford this again 

IMG_3201.jpeg

Where do these stats come from please? My boss (Spurs fan, I know) is always telling me that we spend more on wages than anyone else in the division. He can’t back that claim up, of course. I would love to shove some facts up him. Thanks. 

Edited by Zulu
Fat fingers.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Think I'll be watching city Madrid but if Wednesday can get an early goal might be switching over. 

it'll be very early if they do, their game is tomorrow

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Zulu said:

Where do these stats come from please? My boss (Spurs fan, I know) is always telling me that we spend more on wages than anyone else in the division. He can’t back that claim up, of course. I would love to shove some facts up him. Thanks. 

I think the quicker way of saying all that would be, “Do you have a link?”