Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Managerial Roundabout

superjohnmcginlay

Barnsley appoint Neill Collins  (no, me neither) one time Sheff Utd player. He's been manager of Tampa Bay for 5 years. They play in the league below the MLS, so not a great standard.

They had a great defence last year but have lost 3 of those. No signings yet & fan's concerned.

18 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Barnsley appoint Neill Collins  (no, me neither) one time Sheff Utd player. He's been manager of Tampa Bay for 5 years. They play in the league below the MLS, so not a great standard.

They had a great defence last year but have lost 3 of those. No signings yet & fan's concerned.

Most over here slightly underwhelmed but prepared to give him the chance to get it right. He’s got a pretty solid playing record in England but never managed here and 7 years in the USA mean he has a lot of catching up to do. It’s a risky one for all concerned and I suspect if things aren’t going well by Christmas his 2 year contract won’t count for much. To be fair despite the departures they’ve still got a half decent squad so one or two additions and they could still be a challenger.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Zico said:

The bloke wolves appointed last November on his way out 

Gary O'Neil on his way in

I'd like to wish him luck.......but Wolves.

Actually fuck it, I don't really mind 'em these days so hope he does well.

20 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I'd like to wish him luck.......but Wolves.

Actually fuck it, I don't really mind 'em these days so hope he does well.

Hopefully he can bring em down. Lopitegui is a big loss for the dog heads.

I don’t give them a second thought at the mo though. Divisional rivals like tranmere 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Unbelievable really how quick some of these owners are to fire the bullet, the guys only been there five minutes just what do they expect? Feel sorry for Dean because I do rate him but he needs to go somewhere where he’ll get at least half a chance to build something.

Charlton fan I know rated him, though said this season any expectations of promotion were far fetched and they'd finish around 10th as they usually do 

Remember in late Feb, before QPR got Ainsworth, they made an official approach to Charlton for Holden.

If you aren't a name you don't get any time to turn things round from a poor run, you're only as good as your last half a dozen games.  He'd probably be getting sacked from QPR about now if he'd gone there!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Have a feeling Howe will be unfairly potted soon to, they'll be waiting for an excuse to go for a big name. 

Motd showed some little incidents during the game, where Newcastle players were half hearted. Maybe be nowt, but could also be something not right in the camp.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Motd showed some little incidents during the game, where Newcastle players were half hearted. Maybe be nowt, but could also be something not right in the camp.

Their #5, Fabien Schär, showed less commitment than I can recall from any Premiership defender. His 'own goal' was pathetic as he wafted his leg aimlessly as a block.

8 hours ago, L/H White said:

Have a feeling Howe will be unfairly potted soon to, they'll be waiting for an excuse to go for a big name. 

Yes I'm thinking the same.  

Carrick at Boro too.  Seems unbelievable they are bottom of the league, the way they played at our place in the 2nd half, but he doesn't have a CV to fall back on.