Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

desperado

57 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You literally said "8 points would be a complete failure for me if we want to make the automatics." How else can that be interpreted? I didn't "abuse" you in the slightest. I repeated your comments back to you.

I thought this was a typical ww fishing trip? , the 8 points complete failure comment.   Was it not?

Ps an otherwise boring Monday on the injured list has been totally flipped on its head.   Cheers fellas

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Of course the 8 points thing would, actually, be impossible. As only 3 are league games & 8 from 9 can't be achieved.

Just sayin'.

That’s all well and good but I have a feeling ‘next four’ meant from 12 available points, 8 would be wrist slashing levels.

24 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That’s all well and good but I have a feeling ‘next four’ meant from 12 available points, 8 would be wrist slashing levels.

Well, my comment was intended to be light hearted but, as you're being detailed, it referred to the first 4 matches, including in error, one which was a cup match v Barrow, being eminently winnable.

That left 9 points to attain & 8 would be an impossibility. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, my comment was intended to be light hearted but, as you're being detailed, it referred to the first 4 matches, including in error, one which was a cup match v Barrow, being eminently winnable.

That left 9 points to attain & 8 would be an impossibility. 

We know. That’s been a long running joke on here for some time. In this case, I think they meant next four league games. I’m not, however, getting into a game of ping-pong about who meant what and why.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ani, I don’t like abusing anyone, you just get sick of certain posters all the time replying with insults. I use all the Wanderers forums and the BN but I never need to respond in an abusive way because people don’t abuse me. It’s really that simple. When I first joined, like a couple of other new members I was the subject of constant abuse from these same long term members and they never change. Maybe I shouldn’t respond at all but the likes of Cheese and his mates really are the ones who need to not prompt it in the first place. Just make your points on Wanderers issues, how hard can that be?

Cheese has mates? 🤔😁

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Agree don’t see what all the fuss is ! 

There's no fuss about that. The discussion is about him whining about recieving "abuse", when he's the one dishing out all the insults.

• Site Supporter
On 05/08/2023 at 19:55, dave2980 said:

New screens and advertising hoardings are due to be in place by the time we play Derby apparently. 

The steward stood next to me, a right mithering bastard with his radio on 'loud' all through the match told me that the 'mother board' in the screen had gone. That's why it wasn't on.

He also told me the crowd half an hour before it was announced, and I heard the request for cleaners to the SW corner as there had been claret shed.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

There's no fuss about that. The discussion is about him whining about recieving "abuse", when he's the one dishing out all the insults.

I can never understand why posters give abuse to other posters if you don’t agree with somebody’s opinion that’s fine but to be abusive as well is petty and childish.