Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (H)

Bertie

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Moonguest said:

Evatt has repeatedly proved he’s not capable of signing players good enough for automatic promotion. 
Time for someone else to see if they can attract the best League 1 players to the club with the highest attendances in 23/24.

Evatt is going knowhere 🙄

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Shame that lad from Brentford is injured as he looked more athletic and box to box. Likewise the lad from Luton - I'm

Why is everyone always injured though ? Evatt Blamed the pitches at lostock last season so they have been relayed then we had which I think is total bollocks that the players aren’t use to the intensity of how we train fron the clubs they have come from ?  
We’re no fitter than anyone and your not telling me the facilities at the other clubs are better than what we have 

Evatt getting most of the stick tonight. Certaiy not blameless but the players just aren't performing as wev'e all seen they can. Toal was really poor. Dempsey probably his worse match for us. Williams advance tgen 9 times out of 10 turns back, and lays the ball back. Victor and Dion no end product. Hopefully the break will help us get our game back and get some olayers back in the side, like Santos.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Something clearly isn't right within the set up.

Dunno what it is, but we're not at it.

Absolutely no creation in midfield and replacing Dapo, Bradley and Lee with Victor, Williams and 2 injured cunts isnt good enough.

7 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Evatt getting most of the stick tonight. Certaiy not blameless but the players just aren't performing as wev'e all seen they can. Toal was really poor. Dempsey probably his worse match for us. Williams advance tgen 9 times out of 10 turns back, and lays the ball back. Victor and Dion no end product. Hopefully the break will help us get our game back and get some olayers back in the side, like Santos.

Injuries is a smokescreen, only Santos and GJ would be in the starting eleven.

8 minutes ago, burnden said:

Left on 92 mins, loads singing we want evatt out we want evatt out walking out of the ESL

Egomaniacs rarely succeed, especially as Football Managers.

You can fool some people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time.

Edited by captainmed

I keep thinking back to that pie eater Rubberkex when we drew 1-1 at their place the season before last.  They'd had a wobble at the time and when Jon Dadi equalised he thought we'd use the momentum,get at em and win. Instead, we saw the game out passing around the back slowly sidewards and backwards.  As said, occasionally you need to show some bollocks instead of the safe, easy option all the feckin time.

There's definitely something not right,  a clear shift in mentality 

Late goals got us out of trouble a lot the previous 2 seasons but we never stopped going. Now we look like the team most likely to concede towards the end and just offer nothing.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Absolutely no creation in midfield and replacing Dapo, Bradley and Lee with Victor, Williams and 2 injured cunts isnt good enough.

Thing is that at times we do play with plenty of creativity. Just less so as the season has gone on.

May be some pig-headedness from the manager, and we have also just lost a coach. I can't help feeling all is not well behind the scenes, and have done for a little while. 

IE needs to sort this and quickly.Once you lose the fans you'll never get them back on side

This could turn very toxic at a very quick pace after all the talk of aiming for automatics to then putting in performances like we've seen on quite a few occasions already this season 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Top 2 is a pipe-dream. Top 6 probably should happen. But what would happen with these tactics in tje Championship.

It's too fckg slow, too predictable.

Possibly, course we have a chance of 6th.  But if that's our position after a set of fixtures we could have hand picked, we are going to have to improve just to stand still in the table.

This almost siege like mentality from Evatt regarding the injuries is a joke. 

Yes we have some injuries and Santos would've fared much better than Toal today.

But how much does he wants to paint us in a bad position and the opposition all being "tough teams", but we're Bolton Wanderers, getting 23,000 in the 3rd fucking division, it's not good enough, there's an expectation there and from the looks of it, it looks too big of a job.

In recent matches we have struggled immensely to mostly to recent League 2 teams, Port Vale, Stevenage and now Carlisle.

Sick of this propaganda. This is his squad, and our injuries would have only changed 1/2 players at the most. It's either that or that its hot and the players are tired like at Reading, or we've got no squad because of injuries, or the opposition is a tough team and because of that, it means we perform poorly, or referee decisions. Which one will it be next time?

Maybe Evatt should take some responsibility for once? And also stop defending the players for playing poorly time after time.

I obviously have no idea what Evatt says to them behind the scenes. But one thing that will infuriate us fans the most is a lack of effort. We didn't look arsed today, nor did we at Wigan.

Like I said, we're Bolton Wanderers, and that's not me being snobbish, but today's game was genuinely like a cup final for Carlisle and they treated it like it, and fucking deserved it and did it for their away fans, just like Wigan did.

It's on the manager and players to get themselves fucking up for it, and more than match the desire of the opposition.

Until we do that, we won't be getting promoted out of this league.

Edited by Lostock Whites

4 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Yes we have some injuries and Santos would've fared much better than Toal today.

But how much does he wants to paint us in a bad position and the opposition all being "tough teams", but we're Bolton Wanderers, getting 23,000 in the 3rd fucking division, it's not good enough, there's an expectation there and from the looks of it, it looks too big of a job.

In recent matches we have struggled immensely to mostly to recent League 2 teams, Port Vale, Stevenage and now Carlisle.

Sick of this propaganda. This is his squad, and our injuries would have only changed 1/2 players at the most. It's either that or that its hot and the players are tired like at Reading, or we've got no squad because of injuries, or the opposition is a tough team and because of that, it means we perform poorly, or referee decisions. Which one will it be next time?

Maybe Evatt should take some responsibility for once? And also stop defending the players for playing poorly time after time.

I obviously have no idea what Evatt says to them behind the scenes. But one thing that will infuriate us fans the most is a lack of effort. We didn't look arsed today, nor did we at Wigan.

Like I said, we're Bolton Wanderers, and that's not me being snobbish, but today's game was genuinely like a cup final for Carlisle and they treated it like it, and fucking deserved it and did it for their away fans, just like Wigan did.

It's on the manager and players to get themselves fucking up for it, and more than match the desire of the opposition.

Great post.

5 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

In recent matches we have struggled immensely to mostly League 2 teams, Port Vale, Stevenage and now Carlisle.

Like I said, we're Bolton Wanderers, today's game was like a cup final for Carlisle and they treated it like it, and fucking deserved it and did it for their away fans, just like Wigan did.

Good post 👍🏻

Evatt sets us up same tactics and style every week, won’t shift tactics and hasn’t even got the personnel to shift tactics so it’s no wonder we lose in the same manner every so often.

I read the Pompey manager saying he has players with different skill sets so he can change tactics to cope with a variety of opposition tactics, that’s the difference and why they’re top and we’re scraping into the top 6.

Evatt either changes his mind set and changes his game plan to nullify and defeat various opposition tactics or he’s going to be toast sooner than he thinks.