Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets 24/25

L/H White

2 minutes ago, 1969 said:

If we sold 14300 season tickets this season how can we sell 15000 early bird renewals for next season 🤷‍♂️

It’s not just renewals. Just early bird offer for all.

2 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Ahh me bad thought it was renewals only

Open to all but renewals are the only ones that can buy their own seat at this point. So a newbie can buy an early bird ticket but only has the option of the remaining seats that aren’t currently allocated to one of this year’s season ticket holders

… I think 🥴

32 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Renew then ring in the morning to change seat as both my grandkids are not renewing il2 area

The seats will still be reserved until the seat deadline, not the early bird deadline

We sold 15,617 by the start of this season and it was 16,424 after half season tickets.

Just me that keeps a spreadsheet then 😁

Edited by kobeer

On 16/04/2024 at 18:07, Eddie said:

It’s not just renewals. Just early bird offer for all.

The early bird offer is for Renewals isn't it? We ended up with 16k+ S.T's sold last season, including 1/2 tickets after Xmas... Those ones bought after last seasons early bird, would qualify for this seasons' early bird renewal

21 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

The early bird offer is for Renewals isn't it? We ended up with 16k+ S.T's sold last season, including 1/2 tickets after Xmas... Those ones bought after last seasons early bird, would qualify for this seasons' early bird renewal

Everyone is eligible for Early Bird.

New Purchases only have the choice of previously unreserved seats.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, boltonboris said:

No, it's for anyone.

I've really enjoyed this season Paul.

Ok, it looks like we are coming up just short again, but we've had some great crowds with fantastic atmospheres, seen the good the bad and the ugly of our Whites 🤣.

All in all, not that bad.

Season ticket sales suggest we'll be getting great crowds again next season, whatever division we're in.

33 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Is our current 86 points the 3rd highest we've achieved at 3 points for a win after Parkys mob and the 97 team?

I've enjoyed it by and large. 

we got 90 points to pip Port Vale on 89 in 92-93. A Derby Draw, and a win for us next week would leave the same, but we would be the ones missing out.

I feel like a killjoy but I've not enjoyed this season as much as some other seasons where we've had equally high points, as I just feel like it was a really big opportunity missed. I'm certain we have the best squad and we play like the best team at times. It's just the inconsistency of performance and lack of backbone, has ruined the overall enjoyment somewhat for me.

However, the overall crowd sizes have been amazing. That Portsmouth game felt like being back in 2003

1 hour ago, Stig said:

I feel like a killjoy but I've not enjoyed this season as much as some other seasons where we've had equally high points, as I just feel like it was a really big opportunity missed. I'm certain we have the best squad and we play like the best team at times. It's just the inconsistency of performance and lack of backbone, has ruined the overall enjoyment somewhat for me.

However, the overall crowd sizes have been amazing. That Portsmouth game felt like being back in 2003

Purely for home games, definitely a value for money season.  As you say some great atmospheres and attendances (Saturday games).  

A coincidence that last 2 seasons we've won our first home game 3-0 and won the last one 2-0.

In the middle 21 home games, we scored 27 goals last season, that's increased by TWENTY this season.  Basically an extra goal a game.  Yes watching us away has been frustrating from Blackpool onwards but great stuff at home for the most part.    

• Site Supporter

I agree with all that and I'm not being negative but there have been two 5s and a 7 in that. Add an 8 against United kids in the cup and it looks like we are attacking every two minutes.  Truth is we're not. We're still (decent) shot shy and missing sitters.

It's been a good season and not over yet, but converting more sitters and actually having a pot on goa land we'd have been home and hosed by now.

18 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Seems like the final average attendance for this season was 21080. Second best in the league behind Derby.

From memory it was just shy of 19,000 last season. 

It's bloody impressive stuff. For most of my BWFC supporting life I'd never have dreamt we'd average that in a third tier season.

For reference, our 2016/17 season in League 1 where we finished 2nd, we averaged 15,000, and we were miles behind Sheff United who averaged 21,000.

This season we have averaged the same as them which is massively impressive considering our location as a north west town and a real testament to all the hard work done behind the scenes.

Next season it's looking like 22,000+ in League 1 and possibly 24,000+ in the Championship.

Unreal support.

15 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

For reference, our 2016/17 season in League 1 where we finished 2nd, we averaged 15,000, and we were miles behind Sheff United who averaged 21,000.

This season we have averaged the same as them which is massively impressive considering our location as a north west town and a real testament to all the hard work done behind the scenes.

Next season it's looking like 22,000+ in League 1 and possibly 24,000+ in the Championship.

Unreal support.

It is unreal. It's also very out of keeping with BWFC support trends. We'd always been capable of pulling in very big gates but there was a fickleness over a season. That tendency seems to have evaporated. 

Also, the overall support base seems to be gently growing all the time, regardless of the frustrations that crop up during a season.

No precedent for any of this in my time supporting the club really, certainly not outside the top flight. You have to go back to the mid 70s for anything remotely close.

It all bodes well for when we finally get out of League 1, whether that's this year or another.

5 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Unreal support.

I think we'll have fewer people in the ground next season if we go up.
We'd definitely be candidates for a bottom-third finish and that doesn't motivate people to turn out.