Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

• Moderators

The thing that really lrks me about not having a loyalty scheme is that when I checked last season saw that Bristol, Barnsley, Peterborough and Port Vale all use the eticketing platform and have a loyalty scheme

Tickets systems have a whole range of issues, then there's the way BWFC choose to apply them.

For Ticketmaster

A variety of people try and sell short cuts to get people to the front of the queue.  Never used one but presumably some work. Think TM can spot these but they ain't arsed for BWFC, we're not Taylor Swift.

If you say 10:00 mean 10:00 not 09:58.

If you see tickets and choose them, my understanding is your not the only one seeing them or choosing them at the same time, fastest to complete gets them.  This is where banks and card types may come in.

As for BWFC

How many of the 2200 actually have been made available for full sale  - 1500?

Why insist on grouping seats to sell first when you know they are going to sell out anyway?

Why haven't we got a loyalty scheme?

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What about folk getting tickets before 10am?

Or folk getting logged out for no reason?

Or options to buy disappearing or not appearing at all?

What about folk getting tickets before 10am?:

Ideally, nobody should be able to get a ticket before the stated 'Opening time' but If there are people logged on, and refreshing, before 10am (there will be hundreds - I was one of them) then it's kind of a moot point, the system will (as far as I know) pick up the first in the queue. If people were able to purchase tickets 15mins before 10am then you might have a point, but 2 mins??

Or folk getting logged out for no reason?

I assume they were 'logged out', because all the tickets had been sold? (It's happened to me in the past).

Or options to buy disappearing or not appearing at all?

See above answer.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

This is the sort of thing they should be doing 

There seems to be some notion that we will get promoted and then won't need a loyalty scheme

But if these allocations are anything to go by I wouldn't be so sure 

Blackburn 7,500
Preston 5,800
Coventry 4,500
Sheff Wed 3,500
Bristol City 3,000
Leeds 3,000
Leicester 3,000
Millwall 3,000
QPR 3,000
Southampton 3,000
Stoke 2,600
Sunderland 2,500
Huddersfield 2,300
Rotherham 2,300
Birmingham 2,250
Cardiff 2,250 The Elite 
Ipswich 2,100 The Elite 
Hull 2,000
Middlesbrough 2,000
Norwich 2,000  The Elite
Swansea 2,000  The Elite 
Watford 2,000
WBA 2,000
Plymouth 1,500  The Elite 

26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What about those that live down there and do all those games but never step foot in the reebok? :)

they wont have a season ticket id assume so they would be at the back of the queue anyway 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

If you didn't buy an Away Season Ticket, complaining when you don't get an Away ticket is a bit daft.

Cheese - why dont you just do one - its obvious away tickets are not of interest to you so dong get involved in something you know nothing about

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

The frustration for me comes from actually getting allocated tickets by the system, it showing me the row and seat they are, I then assign them as requested by the system, it then tells me they are in my basket and I have two minutes to complete the transaction 

I then do my bit regards payment in under 30 seconds then watch as the timer ticks down as it fails to process my transaction in time 

If the tickets are not available due to a shortage I don't want to see them in my basket, only for them to be taken out of my basket and given to some one else through no fault of my own 

If I never got to that point I would accept it's not the failure of the system 

However I've found myself in the position several times

There's only me and the system involved 

And it's not my fault

Definitely not your fault and I can agree with your frustration (I've been there) but, if we assume 5000 fans wanted tickets, 2.800 of them are going to be frustrated, whatever system/method of selling was in place.

If 1,000 fans are logged-on (wanting to buy an average of 3 tickets each) before 10am, refreshing, and then click to purchase within 1 second of the tickets going on sale, it's down to micro-seconds who gets there first..... How can any online system cope with that?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Cheese - why dont you just do one - its obvious away tickets are not of interest to you so dong get involved in something you know nothing about

Truth hurts.

40 minutes ago, Ani said:

Putting things in capitals and bold does not make them right. 

When someone logs on at the right time and allocates tickets to their basket but then those tickets disappear, that is a system failure. 

If 1,000 fans are logged-on (wanting to buy an average of 3 tickets each) before 10am, refreshing, and then click to purchase within 1 second of the tickets going on sale, it's down to micro-seconds who gets there first..... How can any online system cope with that?

Not in bold 🥰

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

Definitely not your fault and I can agree with your frustration (I've been there) but, if we assume 5000 fans wanted tickets, 2.800 of them are going to be frustrated, whatever system/method of selling was in place.

like i said

i've no issue with the demand

it's gettinng thre "first", being allocated the tickets then the system failing to process my order when i has two minutes to do so

that's the failure of the system

it can't cope and then it's even more of a free for all because first come first served counts for fuck all

it's like queueing up at the ticket office, and then they go down the queue giving out tickets to people randomly in the queue behind you

or being at the front, having the tickets presented to you, putting the card in the payment device, then they take your tickets off you, and give them to the person at the next window

I'm sure they've implemented a queue functionality in the past, and that's been ditched too

3 hours ago, embankment said:

Well we thankfully got all we needed .

It obviously helps having 4 away season tickets included .

But the admin guys with a lifetime of IT experience came through again .

The grand total of 7!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, embankment said:

Well we thankfully got all we needed .

It obviously helps having 4 away season tickets included .

But the admin guys with a lifetime of IT experience came through again .

The grand total of 7!!!!!!

Is there an echo in here.........

Just now, JOGLER said:

Not in bold 🥰

Let’s be honest demand for Bolton tickets is minimal compared to certain pop stars so volume ain’t the issue.

If the system allocates me 5 tickets and I have 5 minutes to complete but then empties my basket could that be improved ? 
If after allocating I need authorise at bank and have 5 minutes but it kicks me out could that be improved ? 

Of course if 5000 people want tickets and there 1500 some miss out, but the system itself is awful, that is the point. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

The frustration for me comes from actually getting allocated tickets by the system, it showing me the row and seat they are, I then assign them as requested by the system, it then tells me they are in my basket and I have two minutes to complete the transaction 

I then do my bit regards payment in under 30 seconds then watch as the timer ticks down as it fails to process my transaction in time 

If the tickets are not available due to a shortage I don't want to see them in my basket, only for them to be taken out of my basket and given to some one else through no fault of my own 

If I never got to that point I would accept it's not the failure of the system 

However I've found myself in the position several times

There's only me and the system involved 

And it's not my fault

This aspect simply wrong and needs upgrading as it in inadequate. 

If an event is being sold on a first come, firstserve basis, then those who get there first ought to have use of a system that doesn't fail.

Otherwise, they may as well draw lots.

My beef previously was about folk over-buying. 

As a technical bod, you may have an understanding as to whether too many folk trying to buy unnecessarily actually contributes to the system failing?

Working with all the major ticketing companies, TM has the oldest system, always doing fixes - its full of issues but because it holds the most data it's still the most used. See tickets have a better operating system in my opinion.

One of the most common mistakes is that people think that when tickets are in your basket they are held - they aren't - which means they can be bought by other people, which is why you've got to be quick to get to purchase. So make sure you're all logged in with your TM payment details and account of else it'll take long and folk can be quicker purchasing, although it can also happen if you have one account but multiple broswers open to get tickets - use seperate machines or else the system might think you are a scalping bot - and on this issue scalping bots don't work on mobile devices so you are more likely to get tickets on a mobile than a laptop - the system prioritses mobile sales so its a smoother process. If you don't have account, you can lose things in your basket as they delete 'guest' accounts periodically.

51 minutes ago, Ani said:

Let’s be honest demand for Bolton tickets is minimal compared to certain pop stars so volume ain’t the issue.

If the system allocates me 5 tickets and I have 5 minutes to complete but then empties my basket could that be improved ? 
If after allocating I need authorise at bank and have 5 minutes but it kicks me out could that be improved ? 

Of course if 5000 people want tickets and there 1500 some miss out, but the system itself is awful, that is the point. 

I fully understand what you're saying, but... Can any online system decipher who is first in the queue when 100's click to purchase at exactly the same moment?

When the option is clicked, there are tickets available, but seconds later they're all sold.. because:

1. Other people's internet speed is faster

2. Other people's PC/Laptop/Mobile phone processing speed is faster

3. Other people just want 1 or 2 tickets so the time to complete the form (allocate clients) is faster

4. Other people are faster at typing/Clicking 

Edited by JOGLER

2 hours ago, boogs said:

Genuine question this, if anybody knows......

I'm guessing the morons in the supporters trust don't raise this as an issue with Neil as they probably get given and allocation of tickets before they even go on sale. Would I be correct in that assumption?

No.

I can categorically state that no groups get a prior allocation before tickets go on sale.
Definitely NOT the Trust, any supporters clubs or pubs.

People who have friends/relatives working at the club? Well, that's a whole new bucket of frogs.

27 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

I fully understand what you're saying, but... Can any online system decipher who is first in the queue when 100's click to purchase at exactly the same moment?

When the option is clicked, there are tickets available, but seconds later they're all sold.. because:

1. Other people's internet speed is faster

2. Other people's PC/Laptop/Mobile phone processing speed is faster

3. Other people just want 1 or 2 tickets so the time to complete the form (allocate clients) is faster

4. Other people are faster at typing/Clicking 

What you are arguing is that when demand outstrips supply there will be issues.  True.
What NIC has explained is that Ticketmaster system is pretty poor.

What I am saying is that we should be pushing to use a better system, if the tickets are in my basket it seems crazy that they are also a few other peoples too. 

Ask everyone who buys tickets regularly and see what they think. 

• Site Supporter

There probably should be an online queueing system, but people would still complain when they weren't close enough to the front of the queue to get a ticket. The situation is; if you wanted to be guaranteed a ticket you needed to buy an Away Season Ticket. If you chose not to buy one, then surely you understood there may be times you don't get a ticket?

Edited by Cheese