Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool (A)

Duck Egg

• Site Supporter

We had a whole thread on this after the Barnsley farce last year - the queing system is even worse! And considering the 10.00 (9.57) free for all is bad, it takes some doing to find something worse!

The whole system is bobbins. Got lucky this morning on my work phone for the first time. My usual phone came up with some authenticator pictures I had to click on in order! 

Didn't think it was going to work as I kept clicking on the Blackpool game and it kept defaulting back to main page. 

For the 10-15 awayers a season like @Leyther_Matt has very eloquently put, there has to be something fair that can be put in place as many other clubs do.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Traf said:

No.

I can categorically state that no groups get a prior allocation before tickets go on sale.
Definitely NOT the Trust, any supporters clubs or pubs.

People who have friends/relatives working at the club? Well, that's a whole new bucket of frogs.

Fair enough 👍

Assigning to the correct age category is another along with any half season ticket holders shouldn’t be in the first phase of away sales imo

The list goes on

Like I said yesterday we get promoted all this goes away, but of course a luton type cup game can happen so just implement something 

Even Blackpool have a points system and they never sell out aways.

Im a turkey voting for Christmas here but we genuinely need one. 

It'll lessen the 10am clamour at least. 

A clamour that the system clearly cant handle.

The system is a shambles, but we need to start negotiating with clubs that they must give us a similar allocation to what they get at the Reebok. Can't be enforced if the police have capped it because they can't cope with doing their jobs, but I'm getting fed up of us giving everyone their big day out and we get a paltry allocation at their place

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Stig said:

The system is a shambles, but we need to start negotiating with clubs that they must give us a similar allocation to what they get at the Reebok. Can't be enforced if the police have capped it because they can't cope with doing their jobs, but I'm getting fed up of us giving everyone their big day out and we get a paltry allocation at their place

There are various interested parties in deciding limits; a safety certificate is then issued. Some of it concerns the ground structure, access etc etc.

Were not getting a big allowance at Cheltenham etc.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Stig said:

Getting fed up of our club having the infrastructure to cash in on away supporters?

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Getting fed up of our club having the infrastructure to cash in on away supporters?

Yeah, if it comes at the expense of points, and then we have a smaller away contingent to create a good atmosphere away

A few more wins over the next month or so is going to see this debate rear it's head again and again:

Wigan 4000

Barnsley 5000

Exeter 1300

Derby 3200

Stevenage 1400

Bristol Rovers 1200

Peterborough 2000

Take out Barnsley as it's a Tuesday night, Wigan and Derby will probably sell out (maybe not a mad 10 o'clock dash) but the others may be fastest finger first again.

Edited by BeeversLeftPeg

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

A few more wins over the next month or so is going to see this debate rear it's head again and again:

Wigan 4000

Barnsley 5000

Exeter 1300

Derby 3200

Stevenage 1400

Bristol Rovers 1200

Peterborough 2000

Take out Barnsley as it's a Tuesday night, Wigan and Derby will probably sell out (maybe not a mad 10 o'clock dash) but the others may be fastest finger first again.

last 4 are sell outs if live games, others are possibles

im only bothered about stevenage and PB

6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Assigning to the correct age category is another along with any half season ticket holders shouldn’t be in the first phase of away sales imo

The list goes on

Like I said yesterday we get promoted all this goes away, but of course a luton type cup game can happen so just implement something 

I still don’t know anyone who has a kids ticket just for away games 

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Maybe not soley for that purpose, but plenty get used to purchase adult aways

I don't know cos I've never tried it but I thought that had been fucked off the season. 

i.e. kids ST can only get a kids away ticket.

Has it not? 

Edited by boogs

2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

The majority of these problems will be solved when we gain promotion with 3 games remaining .

I genuinely think our support won’t drop until we are getting thumped constantly. Loads of young lads loving going to the game