Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blue Cards

No need imo. 

In rugby as soon as there is a sin bin teams waste time, there is enough of that already. 
Think it just gets complicated, at moment 2 yellows are a red. Do you now get a yellow, then is blue an option ? Then a red ? Or once you have been yellowed is blue not an option as a blue is worse than a yellow. 

25 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Telegraph reporting we could be in for blue cards which result in a 10min sin bin for cynical fouls. 

good or bad idea? 

Shite, games already being destroyed by VAR

Strip var back to goalline technology and leave the rest 

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

No need imo. 

In rugby as soon as there is a sin bin teams waste time, there is enough of that already. 
Think it just gets complicated, at moment 2 yellows are a red. Do you now get a yellow, then is blue an option ? Then a red ? Or once you have been yellowed is blue not an option as a blue is worse than a yellow. 

Agree with this

If it rids the game of "Tactical fouls" . Crack on, that shit is worse than diving and gets on my tits something serious

They've always been here but are far more prevalent with Pep and his army of gimpy copycats.

I'd  not trust these clowns to implement anything without monumental cock ups on a weekly basis though

• Site Supporter

Would just introduce more complication for the referee to deal with, and they're shit enough as it is. How the fuck would you define what type of foul deserves a blue card rather than a yellow?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Great idea as long as it is clear and consistent. Yon mon who threw the spare ball on to the pitch on Saturday being a prime example. 

According to SJM, it'd only be for "cynical fouls" though. Yon mon got a yellow.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

According to SJM, it'd only be for "cynical fouls" though. Yon mon got a yellow.

Dissent as well. But the time wasting stuff would very much be up there, too, in my book. 

Just now, Farnywhite said:

I think it would make things worse more fouls players thinking I won’t get a yellow or a red so I will drag the opponent down 

Tbf it’s got to be considered worse than a yellow, hasn’t it?

2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Telegraph reporting we could be in for blue cards which result in a 10min sin bin for cynical fouls. 

good or bad idea? 

Awful. The game is going to pot.

Shit like this happens so often

shirt pulls, purposely swiping the legs of a player in the clear of you or literally wrestling/wrapping hands round their waste to stop them, quite frustrating when it happens against you, but often called a smart foul, pretty cowardly too tbh.

• Moderators

Saw this the other day 

Solksjaers only red card for Utd 

I guess this would be classed  as cynical 

But I don't see why he should get to come back on ten minutes later 

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Saw this the other day 

I'm fairly certain that would remain a red card offence 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Saw this the other day 

That's a simple Professional Foul. No grey area there.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

That's a simple Professional Foul. No grey area there.

2 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I'm fairly certain that would remain a red card offence 

Just going off the article in the telegraph 

'Players will be shown a blue card and sent to the sin-bin for ten minutes if they show dissent to officials or commit a cynical foul."

Definition of a cynical foul 

"When a player intentionally fouls an opponent to disrupt a promising attack, " 

At least VAR can slow the game down and use lines to determine if someone is offside or a ball has crossed a line 

But how do you measure cynicism? 

Can you commit a cynical foul in your own half? 

Point being surely bringing this level of subjectivity into play is just going to lead to more delays and reviews, to not just determine if it's a foul but how cynical it was to determine what colour card they get 

It's bollocks

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zico said:

Just going off the article in the telegraph 

'Players will be shown a blue card and sent to the sin-bin for ten minutes if they show dissent to officials or commit a cynical foul."

Definition of a cynical foul 

"When a player intentionally fouls an opponent to disrupt a promising attack, " 

At least VAR can slow the game down and use lines to determine if someone is offside or a ball has crossed a line 

But how do you measure cynicism? 

Can you commit a cynical foul in your own half? 

Point being surely bringing this level of subjectivity into play is just going to lead to more delays and reviews, to not just determine if it's a foul but how cynical it was to determine what colour card they get 

It's bollocks

It's fucking nonsense. I can't see it happening.