Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (H)

Ani

If you consistently don’t play well at home then eventually you’re luck runs out.

Big 3 aways coming up and we will need 6 points.

Pompey have sailed now.

Our away games between now and the end of the season concern me greatly. 

Edited by captainmed

Disappointed, we basically put it on a plate for them, they offered very little but thanks to some woeful defending it was enough.

Thought we pressed really well after our 3rd but it just would fall for us.

Been coming that result if we're being honest.

Probably need 8 points from those 4 tough aways.

Santos and Baxter can't come back quick enough.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Disappointed, we basically put it on a plate for them, they offered very little but thanks to some woeful defending it was enough.

Thought we pressed really well after our 3rd but it just would fall for us.

Been coming that result if we're being honest.

Probably need 8 points from those 4 tough aways.

Santos and Baxter can't come back quick enough.

I’m not Santos’s biggest fan, but you’re right about him and Baxter.;

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

If you consistently don’t play well at home then eventually you’re luck runs out.

Big 3 aways coming up and we will need 6 points.

Pompey have sailed now.

Our away games between now and the end of the season concern me greatly. 

This is the business part of the season and we are well off it

portsmouth have gone I still think Barnsley will finish above us 

7 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

IF!! We had won that 4-3 people would have thought what a great game that was, however even IF we had the performance was absolutely awful, laughable defending and shehan was invisible.

Did we pay good money for this lad Collins????

Wouldn't get a job in lidl.

We was shit today, fuck me though, give Collins a chance!

We've been without at least 2/3 of our first choice back 3 for half a dozen games and today we were without a whole spine of a team with Baxter, Santos, Forrester, Thomason and Charles. 

The hope I'm holding out that we can go again in the final quarter of the season rests on most if not all of those being back soon. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

IF!! We had won that 4-3 people would have thought what a great game that was, however even IF we had the performance was absolutely awful, laughable defending and shehan was invisible.

Did we pay good money for this lad Collins????

Wouldn't get a job in lidl.

Needs time to settle in, but thought he played better with victor than he did Charles 

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Needs time to settle in, but thought he played better with victor than he did Charles 

Ok.

Are you still thinking Johan Elmander was a top drawer striker and that middle aged women in my area are waiting for me to text them for no stings sex??

12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

This is the business part of the season and we are well off it

portsmouth have gone I still think Barnsley will finish above us 

Agree we are at the minute.

We’ll finish above Barnsley though. 

Finish 3rd or 4th at worst and at home in the 2nd leg of the play-offs.

Still hopeful of 2nd but if we don’t get Baxter back fairly quickly thats gone. 

Poor first half looked like a mid table league 1 side, better second half. .Charlton played best game of thier season today. looks like playoffs again, can't drop points at home against bottom half teams if you want automatic promotion seems to be a lack of confidence in the side not sure they know what system they are supposed to play. But I feel if we don't go up this season we will go up next still be on target.

Thought Coleman could have done better on certainly two of the goals, but on the second in particular there are 10 other players who should have dealt with it before it gets anywhere near the keeper

We’ve still got a third of the season to play. Win a couple on the trot and it all looks very different again. And we’ll get a huge lift when Santos, Baxter and Forrester are back. 

3 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Agree we are at the minute.

We’ll finish above Barnsley though. 

Finish 3rd or 4th at worst and at home in the 2nd leg of the play-offs.

Still hopeful of 2nd but if we don’t get Baxter back fairly quickly thats gone. 

Bit of a worry that there’s no timescale on Baxter

Derby away will give us some indication where it’s heading 

Rumour going around that Baxter is crocked till the end of the season. One of those 'I know someone at the club so ITK' types who's usually not far wrong. 

I bloody hope he is with this one. We win that today with Baxter in between the sticks......

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Rumour going around that Baxter is crocked till the end of the season. One of those 'I know someone at the club so ITK' types who's usually not far wrong. 

I bloody hope he is with this one. We win that today with Baxter in between the sticks......

Evatt dictates how we play. No wonder Coleman is a nervous wreck. Coleman is not to blame, blame the boss!

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Evatt in the BEN says Coleman is in for the foreseeable not sure what to make of that 

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

On the radio before the game, it was mentioned the injury is likened to a boxing injury, doesn’t sound great

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Evatt dictates how we play. No wonder Coleman is a nervous wreck. Coleman is not to blame, blame the boss!

I blame the boss for being third and with a couple of games in hand

Edited by kent_white

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

How unlucky would that be.  Keepers rarely have long term injuries. 😩

Hopefully we'll go do the bolton thing now and get 7 points from the next 9 away. 

1 minute ago, auckland_bwfc said:

How unlucky would that be.  Keepers rarely have long term injuries. 😩

Hopefully we'll go do the bolton thing now and get 7 points from the next 9 away. 

I'm still hoping it's a load of bollocks. Coleman doesn't fill me with confidence - and Baxter has been worth 9 points so far this season......

I'm hoping that we switch to a more aggressive, attacking mindset if he is out long term. I don't fancy us nicking many 1-0......