Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (A)

BeeversLeftPeg

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, burnden said:

Tear in the eye!

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d just like him to be consistent, work hard, tackle and track back… they are the basics. 

Sheehan can't tackle a good dinner, and isn't always the quickest at getting back.

George gets too many yellows and has a bad pass in him.

Dempsey hasn't scored enough.

Morley not making enough of an impact.

They're all average surely.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tear in the eye!

Sheehan can't tackle a good dinner, and isn't always the quickest at getting back.

George gets too many yellows and has a bad pass in him.

Dempsey hasn't scored enough.

Morley not making enough of an impact.

They're all average surely.

Sheehan, (best midfielder in this division)  George, Dempsey, Maghoma, Morley in that order.

I class Maghoma as average the first 3 better than average and on current form Morley below average. Obviously that can change, Maghoma is inexperienced so could progress and improve (he has improved this season) more than all of the above. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

BN comments are pretty clear. The inside passes weren't to be played. Seems the instructions were not to- have a gander.

i suspect the BN comments come from the interview available with audio and thats how i took it

def coleman went away from the plan

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, JOGLER said:

Nice of the barnslee fans to cheer Randall's goal - even before he'd tapped it in 😂

There’s a camera angle from amongst the Baaaarnsley support which shows their very short lived (3 nano-secs, I think) celebration and then their disquiet when Bolton players ‘accidentally’ celebrated in front of them.

4 hours ago, Stig said:

We continually played the cross field punt to Ogbeta and then Williams purely looking for territory and throw ins in the corner. And a number of long balls to the strikers to try to battle down. I won't include the long balls down the channel for Jones as they were more measured, the other 2 were hopeful.

Playing long isn't something to be ashamed of, in fact I love it when it's part of a varied game plan. It gave Barnsley something different to think about so then we could play our passing game through the lines as you say.

That last 30mins is how we should be playing against the better team, very fast tempo and mixing it up between long ball and passing through the lines. Never the slow passing along the backline, that's only effective against the dross of this division 

Like Carlisle and Reading you mean? 😁

Edited by Whitesince63
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Think that's when there's a genuine attempt for the ball

13 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Only if you are making an attempt to play the ball. Otherwise a red.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Only if an attempt at playing the ball is made.

See Santos and his overturned red at Blackpool. 

so what we saying then? :D

51 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes and yes to both of those.

Was a great save from Earl. Thought it at the time and that looks pretty conclusive to me. 

image.png.db530bf2576006bbf2792ebb04f35c07.png

• Site Supporter

The more I see of these clips the more I like Tommo. One pulling Williams I think away from trouble after his celebrations after the goal, but mostly Tommo fucking the Bornsley defender off when ref gave a pen.