Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (H)

captainmed

3 hours ago, auckland_bwfc said:

There's many mysteries in this world....

The Voynich Manuscript,  Machu Picchu....hell,  even Jack the ripper.....buy no greater mystery remains unsolved how Santos can win every single cross / header in the defensive box..... and fuck all in the attacking box.... like a 100/0 swing! 

I have an on-running £20 bet with both my lads that if Santos scores with a header from corner they take the pot.

Reckon my money is safe. 

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

I have an on-running £20 bet with both my lads that if Santos scores with a header from corner they take the pot.

Reckon my money is safe. 

He’d probably bring it down on his chest and pass it the keeper instead 

Massive game for the future of this club tomorrow. Should have enough to edge past Cambridge. 

not every pass in football has to go forward. Sometimes sideways and backwards passes are legal and logical. 

take care hope the weather improves. 

mut 

2 hours ago, Mutley said:

Massive game for the future of this club tomorrow. Should have enough to edge past Cambridge. 

not every pass in football has to go forward. Sometimes sideways and backwards passes are legal and logical. 

take care hope the weather improves. 

mut 

All well & good, but shots & goals are more logical than sideways & backwards passes.

COYWM

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

All well & good, but shots & goals are more logical than sideways & backwards passes.

COYWM

Correct BB. We’ve never won a game without shooting. Best is a draw.

Plus shots and goals make for a better atmosphere and game.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Should re-sign Fossey, Kieran Lee, Declan John, Dapo, we’ve regressed.

I do question if we should habe kept kachunga. Guessing it was higher wages? 

Declan John was quite attacking minded, it was handy but clearly had some attitude issues with the clubs he's been at. 

Kieran Lee has pretty much retired, only one of our released not to have a club?

Dapo was great but when IE had his reshuffle he didn't fit, which is massively frustrating. 

Since losing Dapo we have been very rigid in our play. When we aren't playing well we don't really have anyone to change the game up, just more subs of the same.

And that's not me saying we should have kept him. He had a great opportunity and probably wasn't our choice to lose him. 

Hey ho, squad we have now is more than decent enough to get top 2. Players just need to show some balls now - get 12 wins, 102 PTS, go up as champs.

We have players told to play a certain way. If it doesn’t work different players come on to try and play the same way. It rarely then works. Only Sheehan who has any flare to change it up. 

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

We have players told to play a certain way. If it doesn’t work different players come on to try and play the same way. It rarely then works. Only Sheehan who has any flare to change it up. 

Pyrotechnics are banned

Fingers crossed for a win first and foremost and hopefully a good performance to go with it , ger some confidence back in the camp and  hopefully get some sort of positive result at Barnsley .

Edited by dusan nikolic

12 minutes ago, Big E said:

Like BC says its all about tempo. Speeding things up, quicker balls into the box and most importantly movement from the boys up top.

I just dont get having 3 lads who are 6ft 5 and as mobile as me and you after a 12 hour bender :)

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Like BC says its all about tempo. Speeding things up, quicker balls into the box and most importantly movement from the boys up top.

I just dont get having 3 lads who are 6ft 5 and as mobile as me and you after a 12 hour bender :)

Speak for yourself I’m an athlete 😁

one Blackpool memory was Thomasson having to run half way across the pitch at a throw in with 6/7 just stood still. Pedestrian cunts 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Stig said:

Since losing Dapo we have been very rigid in our play. When we aren't playing well we don't really have anyone to change the game up, just more subs of the same.

And that's not me saying we should have kept him. He had a great opportunity and probably wasn't our choice to lose him. 

Hey ho, squad we have now is more than decent enough to get top 2. Players just need to show some balls now - get 12 wins, 102 PTS, go up as champs.

When he played we were also quite rigid. Once teams sussed it and started to nullify him we needed to evolve. He couldn't or didn't want to do that, and wanted away.

We're a better team now, as the league table suggests. 

Grouping players on the edge of the box has been a common tactic for years. And baffles me every week why we end up giving away free kicks from corners for pushing and pulling when we can simply remove them from that situation (and turn it in our favour at the same time). Wasn’t such movement what led to the goals from corners at Wembley? 

• Site Supporter

I'd make a few changes today to freshen it up - not as a knee jerk reaction.

Ramsey for Cogley, Forester for Toal, Dempsey for Maghoma and Collins to start. I'd even be tempted to start Morley for Sheehan