Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Posh

Dr Faustus

19 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

They won’t go up because goal difference, next week is a waste of time & many changes will be made

Pre season friendly 

Barrel of laughs you at the minute mate jesus :D

Both teams would never live it down if they were playing the reserves while Carlisle did the unthinkable.

Bit of a shit situation as it's a hiding to nothing. But both will definitely be trying to win. Could be goals galore.

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

They won’t go up because goal difference, next week is a waste of time & many changes will be made

Pre season friendly 

They could make a few up this week. A game against Cheltenham. 

If they win that, then neither side is playing a deliberately weakened side.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They could make a few up this week. A game against Cheltenham. 

If they win that, then neither side is playing a deliberately weakened side.

Derby have a plus 9 over Peterborough

it ain’t happening 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

5th & 6th are not as good as us or posh. We both win our semi's

I've felt for weeks now we are destined to play Posh at Wembley.

I could see them "leaving a foot in" with our more important players like Sheehan, Maghoma, Collins, Toal, Baxter, Santos.  I'd be happy for them to sit it out given that there's no obvious advantage of finishing 3rd now that Barnsley look no better than the rest.

Play the strongest team possible. Wins bring confidence. Losses will dent it and also give the likes of Barnsley a boost ahead of playing us.

Imagine playing Posh at Wembley having lost 4-0 to them a couple of weeks earlier.

Plus, it only takes a dodgy early red card for Derby and they could lose.

It’s not likely, but I’d rather be in with a shout.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

31 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Play the strongest team possible. Wins bring confidence. Losses will dent it and also give the likes of Barnsley a boost ahead of playing us.

Imagine playing Posh at Wembley having lost 4-0 to them a couple of weeks earlier.

Plus, it only takes a dodgy early red card for Derby and they could lose.

It’s not likely, but I’d rather be in with a shout.

We have to at least start the game at Posh thinking Derby might lose

Even if it is Barnsley, we have should absolutely have the belief that we can get it done over 2 legs this time around.

Get a draw away and then do the business at home, where we have been the best team in the league this season.

At Wembley, I'd fully back us. Whoever we face there, we'd outnumber them massively and it will be like a home game in front of  35,000+ Wanderers fans.

It's been a tough season and a disappointing end, but there's no reason why we should not be believing. We can do this.

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

100%

Imagine Derby lose but we’ve already put the cue on the rack 🙈

Aye imagine Derby losing to Carlisle and still going up on goal difference.

9 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Even if it is Barnsley, we have should absolutely have the belief that we can get it done over 2 legs this time around.

Get a draw away and then do the business at home, where we have been the best team in the league this season.

At Wembley, I'd fully back us. Whoever we face there, we'd outnumber them massively and it will be like a home game in front of  35,000+ Wanderers fans.

It's been a tough season and a disappointing end, but there's no reason why we should not be believing. We can do this.

We won't be outnumbered for the play offs (for a change), but we'll be nearer 25k than 35k - with the prices for play offs compared to the cup, and only just over a week to sell tickets/arrange travel.  Maybe 20k for the opposition, who would all have less distance to travel unless its Blackpool but they'd fetch 20k easily.

Hardly like a home game, we aren't at the levels of a Derby or Sheff Wed for support and none of the potential opponents are tiny unlike if Stevenage had got there. 

33 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We won't be outnumbered for the play offs (for a change), but we'll be nearer 25k than 35k - with the prices for play offs compared to the cup, and only just over a week to sell tickets/arrange travel.  Maybe 20k for the opposition, who would all have less distance to travel unless its Blackpool but they'd fetch 20k easily.

Hardly like a home game, we aren't at the levels of a Derby or Sheff Wed for support and none of the potential opponents are tiny unlike if Stevenage had got there. 

Spot on, totally different to pizza cup where we had like 6 weeks to sell 

• Site Supporter

Tried to ignore it, gone through the “autos is over process,” gone through the “save your money for Play-offs process” but I can’t shake the “What if” moment and not being there. So fuck it… I’m in 😄

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, desperado said:

Tried to ignore it, gone through the “autos is over process,” gone through the “save your money for Play-offs process” but I can’t shake the “What if” moment and not being there. So fuck it… I’m in 😄

If we had a realistic chance of going up, i'd have gone for sure but would have been rushing to get back at night. I also have that nagging "what if" moment. 

Wouldn't be the same, but if we do get the result and i'm not there, i'll still happily celebrate in Manchester. I'd just make certain to be there when we complete the journey and go up to the prem

17 minutes ago, desperado said:

We are 100/1 with the bookies for top 2 and you’ll be able to get more on the exchanges. 

Sometimes you’ve just got to accept that it simply ain’t going to happen. 

Anyway If you’re still unsure, put the £100 you will be spending on @ 100/1. I’m sure the £10K return will make up for not being there 😎

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I’m sure the £10K return will make up for not being there 😎

Nah, 10k's nothing to folks on here.

BUT...you couldn't put a price on the rush that you'd get, being there if the miracle was to happen. 🤪