Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dougie Freedman - New Manager

barmyarmy

the thing that bugs me

Phillips and Lee, they've spent the last however many years with the kids.

presumably they've been using all their time on kids and nothing but kids. not what's been going on in world football

and im not talking about watching the football league show on saturday night pissed

it's a completely different world

and now people think they're just going to come in and know what's what with opposing teams, potential transfer targets and everything else.

If it's going to be Phillips we 100% need a director of football.

the thing that bugs me

presumably they've been using all their time on kids and nothing but kids. not what's been going on in world football

and im not talking about watching the football league show on saturday night pissed

and now people think they're just going to come in and know what's what with opposing teams, potential transfer targets and everything else.

Lenny Lawrence?

Aye, I'm taking the piss

the thing that bugs me

That's pretty much where I stand with the in-house folk. It's not going to work long term.

In that case, nobody would ever take the step up would they?

I don't think we know if it will work or not, but it's got to be better than what we have at the moment (anything is) and they understand our constraints.

What Garrp said regarding a Director of football or similar makes sense as long as it's not someone like Joe Kinnear :D

Also, I think folk are pretty much saying that would be a likely appointment, not the best one we could ever have

For some reason I cant  post the link but article in the BEN today will be like a petrol bomb being chucked on to the already burning house - apparently dougies realised he needs to keep it simple ................... jesus wept we are at the last rights stage now when managers just start uttering complete bollocks, he's right probably but unfortunately he's 18  months too fucking late the dozy twat - so many managers seem to fall in to the same trap excusing a complete and utter lack of doing what's obviously needed or departing from preconceived ideas for being principled and sticking by their beliefs/philosophies as if it's some sort of moral crusade what a complete and utter twit

Just read DF article and he really is a fucking idiot its been blatantly obvious that he has perserved with a cunning plan devised on some Italian jaunt 5 years ago, then purchased players who cannot play to that cunning plan. If he is not sacked I hope he has the bollocks to see this basic style/formation through because its going to take another 10 games for the players to get the shit that he has preached for the last 2 years out of their system.    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just read DF article and he really is a fucking idiot its been blatantly obvious that he has preserved with a cunning plan devised on some Italian jaunt 5 years ago, then purchased players who cannot play to that cunning plan. If he is not sacked I hope he has the bollocks to see this basic style/formation through because its going to take another 10 games for the players to get the shit that he has preached for the last 2 years out of their system.    

It's utter bollocks that you just couldn't make up.

he's got verbal diarrhoea and can't stop the flow.

He's dead in the water just needs fishing out .Plan B is well underway but Garside & Eddie need to get this one right.........last time there was three in the frame Davis (Billy) Mick McCarthy & Mr Deluded now there's hopefully more choice but possibly less quality ......that's why they arn't rushing maybe someone is about to become available

Just read DF article and he really is a fucking idiot its been blatantly obvious that he has perserved with a cunning plan devised on some Italian jaunt 5 years ago, then purchased players who cannot play to that cunning plan. If he is not sacked I hope he has the bollocks to see this basic style/formation through because its going to take another 10 games for the players to get the shit that he has preached for the last 2 years out of their system.    

This speaks volumes about the bingo caller...

A solid base is crucial for any team that cherishes success and it is something the Whites have distinctly lacked this season.
In 12 matches in league and cup, Freedman has utilised eight different back-four combinations, using nine players.

On only three occasions has he kept faith with the same quartet – made up of Tim Ream, Matt Mills, Dorian Dervite and Dean Moxey – who kept that solitary shutout against Sheffield Wednesday.
They played in successive matches against the Owls, Rotherham and Wolves before Ream was omitted for the Capital One Cup clash at Chelsea.

Prior to that, Ream had been an ever-present, albeit in a variety of positions, with vice captain Matt Mills now the one with the most appearances having sat out just one of the dozen games.
And while last season’s player of the year was also on the sidelines in the weekend defeat to Derby, Ream appreciates the importance of stability at the back.

If we aren't willing / can't afford (delete accordingly) to pay him off then expecting us to put a package together for the moyes / mackays of this world is bordering on lunacy!

David Flitcroft for me, get him for a pittance and will run the club and team successfully on less than a shoestring. His monthly budget at Barnsley was less than a couple of players here combined and Bury will be even less. Plays the right way too