Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle

Garrp

Are you expecting Freedman to learn from his tactical mistakes against Leicester and Blackpool that cost us promotion?

I'm expecting you to still be hugging the FA Cup when you're in league one and having a European tour akin to a fucking Saga holiday pointless and dull so do shut up u plank

Are you expecting Freedman to learn from his tactical mistakes against Leicester and Blackpool that cost us promotion?

Good managers think on their feet.

There is not a manager alive who has never made tactical mistakes.

Freedman made a sub after about 30 mins against Blackpool when he realised the formation needed changing.

In comparison your new manager just let the other team run away with it and then changed things when the game was lost.

That is the difference.

Really? The constant derision the previous manager got had nothing to do with the change? To appease the masses Gartside went for the best option open to him at the time. Obviously no one knew how it was going to work out, but like you said, the atmosphere improved...... then we got relegated.

I don't see what the derision attracted by Megson has to do with what I said. Anyway, on that point, the vast majority of fans thought Megson was the wrong man from day-1. Removing him eventually, when the infighting & divisions mentioned above couldn't be ignored any longer, was the right thing to do.

Be that as it may, my point was that Coyle didn't impress me as the best option open to Gartside at the time. IMHO. (Not that I can remember the other options now, but almost anyone would have had more tactical nous).

I don't see what the derision attracted by Megson has to do with what I said. Anyway, on that point, the vast majority of fans thought Megson was the wrong man from day-1. Removing him eventually, when the infighting & divisions mentioned above couldn't be ignored any longer, was the right thing to do.

Be that as it may, my point was that Coyle didn't impress me as the best option open to Gartside at the time. IMHO. (Not that I can remember the other options now, but almost anyone would have had more tactical nous).

Mark Hughes was the stand out candidate at the time.Out of work and way ahead of Coyle in the fans polls.But sadly a lot more expensive than Coyle.

Let's see how long Whelan backs him when he pulls stunts like spunking nearly all the Cahill cash on ream and sordell

He wants his bollocks serving to a rabid dog

His signings; it's like when you play Championship Manager & have a few cans. Next time you log on & look at the squad you can't make out what you were trying to do.

Thankfully his repetitive mantra is now someone else's problem, he is a perfect replacement for comical Martinez, now it's coco the clown Coyle.

I'd make sure GMR is turned off post match, as you'll have to endure it all over again going toe to toe with Barnsley.