Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Opposition Players Performances

Alf Hartigan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a side note but one player that never played at his best against us from what I can remember is Thierry Henry.

The best player to ever play in the Prem IMO and I can't remember him ever giving us many problems

Good call I only remember him equalising against us in 187th minute of injury time against us at Highbury.

Good call I only remember him equalising against us in 187th minute of injury time against us at Highbury.

That the last season at highbury when Nolan put us 1 up? I thought it was Gilberto that equalised

Edited by Eddie

Bit of a side note but one player that never played at his best against us from what I can remember is Thierry Henry.

The best player to ever play in the Prem IMO and I can't remember him ever giving us many problems

Still says Simon Charlton is the best player he's ever faced.

Maybe.

Anyway, Don Goodman in the first leg of the play offs at Molineux.

We didn't know what to do with him - he completely dominated us in the air.

Then, in a tactical masterstroke, Rioch gave Mixu the job of marking him in the second leg.

Goodman only heard rumours of a ball on the pitch that night.

Ha you may be right, I'm now unsure. Ill be the first to call sickening. Yeah that game.

My 1st and only visit to Highbury. That goal from Nolan was something special!

I thought we were on for a famous victory but then Gilberto bagged like you said in what seemed like the 100th minute of injury time. Left with a point from Highbury that actually felt like a loss!

Nearly forgot... Sickening!

On the actual topic, Duff and Dunn when the inbreds beat us 4-1 at our place in the promotion season.

Also that Fulham team in the promotion season but in particular Saha was a class above

• Moderators

Rooney has destroyed us a couple of times at the bok

first time we faced him at Goodison on Boxing Day

tore Campo about 5 new arseholes, hit the woodwork and had loads of chances stopped by deflections and point blank saves and all that 

for a 0-0, it was a touch one sided

As regards to that Fulham game at the Reebok in 2000 the first goal was about 50 seconds in. That was a very 1 sided match.

I remember going in to the game with a ton of optimism and then they just battered us.

Wiki reckons it was the ninth game of the season (30th September) and we were unbeaten up until that point with six wins and two draws.