Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

24 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Marylebone to Wycombe can be done in 25 minutes.

Just another London away day.

Like Gillingham, Southend, Ipswich etc

Peterboro,Cambridge,Oxford,Wycombe, Milton bastard Keynes & Ipswich (nearly) can be done in under a hour from London.

That said, i'd prefer a trip to Sunderland or Sheffield more than to Wycombe.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Think it was the season we played the kids that put me off just got fucked about all day with trains 

Decent boozer at Marylebone, easy run up to HW, decent boozer with beer garden near the station…

Although @RUREADY2ROLLdid start bullying a posh bird in the quiet carriage. 😁

14 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I honestly think we’re a better side than Sheff Weds or Sun’lun.

It’s all kick and rush/blood & thunder, the balls like a fuckin hot potato.

I agree, all big boot, but, unfortunately this is how teams win in this league. The best "footballing" teams, with the exception of MK Dons, didnt even make the play offs, which, in my opinion, was us Oxford and Plymouth. So next season, we need to mix it up, need to be physically better, show more shithousery, and be at it from the off!

Great goal that. Very well worked. Sunderland will get beat in extra time Or pens here

theyve turned up to avoid defeat. Talking to a lad before who was going and said they feared they would try and do exactly that and he feared the worst 

Rather they go up, too many big fish in this division. Makes for a bigger spectacle but an adversary we could do without next year.

Saying that, shithousery experts Wycombe aren’t a good team for us to face either. But maybe Ainsworth will leave this season if they don’t go up

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I might be on my own here but the champions league/European cup was devalued when non champions could compete. How can you be champion of Europe thus the best team when you weren’t even that domestically. 

for me the domestic league title is still the pinnacle. But I get why the clamour to win the champs league 

Yes, Champions only and no seeding.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

Yes, Champions only and no seeding.

Im torn as the romantic says champions only but the quality when you take 4 from england, italy. Spain germany wherever is miles higher than chucking in athletico tirana or whatever

My issue is the league format

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Pablo said:

This is what really upset reds (both of them) say to try and drag down what CIty are acheiving.

Had he won the CL and not the league this season....they would be saying "he needs to deliver the Prem to with that spending"

He's delivered the PL 

And I reckon players will take titles over CLs any day of the week  

Particularly if they'd not won either

So in that respect he's doing a great job 

It's just the CL would be the icing on the cake, and it's what they really want, because winning PLs AND CLs are standout achievements 

Which is what makes it funny that they can't achieve it, despite everything being in their favour

Just now, Duck Egg said:

I'd like Sunderland to go up. We've got Derby to replace them next year and I think they'd go up as champions next year if they miss out.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Moore get the chop at Wednesday now. 

Wycombe up for me. Sunderland might just implode if they fail again.

11 minutes ago, Traf said:

Wycombe up for me. Sunderland might just implode if they fail again.

They've a few loanees to go back and a history of shooting themselves in the foot but I rate Neill as a manager.  I think they'd be strong again next year, more so than Wycombe or Wednesday would. 

5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I might be on my own here but the champions league/European cup was devalued when non champions could compete. How can you be champion of Europe thus the best team when you weren’t even that domestically. 

for me the domestic league title is still the pinnacle. But I get why the clamour to win the champs league 

With you there pal.

Champions League is money. Big money. End of. Nowt else. Pays off the investment

Folk on here will hate it but when the Scousers were winning Div 1 and then winning the European Cup that said that they were the best. Domestically and in Europe. No argument. Far and away the best

They might win the CL. Best team in England? No. But they’ll be the best paid out and the Arabs won’t be happy. And therein is the problem endemic in football 

• Site Supporter

Wycombe won’t be able to bully their way through games the same next season, teams will be expecting it and be ready for it.

Their squad is ageing too, hard to play at that intensity as they get older. They’ll be mid table if they stay down