Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Millwall 0

frank_spencer

• Site Supporter

Professional job done today but it wasn't pretty. First time in years I knew the ball was going in as soon as it landed at ALFs feet for the first goal, the man is a born goal scorer who we can't afford not to sign.

Paddy Mc and Amos also had good games. I struggle to see what Coke offers. Overall got to be pleased with 3 points given our position

How will Millwall be wondering how they didn't smash us? Thought they were awful and won't be here next season. I know we weren't much better but 3 points is all I wanted. Nice to see Walker get a chance but I'm sure he wasn't in the original line up, did Janko get injured in warm up? Like the look of McCarthy, Bannan played well again and so did Amos and of course ALF. don't agree Feeney deserves a mention, I find him very frustrating, ok for what we are now but if we want to improve he shouldn't be near the starting XI. Just let's not get beat next week and send Blackpool down next home match

totally agree about feeney he was woeful. One of them games today shit opposition shit atmosphere and shit crowd considering the offer. Impressed with young walker not bad for his 1st start. Solid games for Amos vela McCarthy bannan and le fondre 2 well taken goals. Ream was my mom he was class. Not sure about coke and danns was lucky to stay on for that 2nd foul. Anyway good win that's all that matters. Went in nsu to check out our seats for next season. Great view but a bit quiet not has good has nsl.

Well played Amos. Vital saves that kept us in it. Walker did well after being thrown into it. Just wanted an extra touch now and again but showed some nice bits of skill and was unlucky with the freekick. Thought Mills, Amos, McCarthy and Le Fondre were our best performers by far. Poor game but pleased with 3 points. Not sure about Coke though. He looked a right clumsy lump.

Poor game, but we won. Amos, we must sign up in the summer, he's a class keeper, he didn't have lots to do, but when called upon, he was calm and assured, as usual. Ream had a very good game too and Paddy McCarthy is a solid central defender, a no nonsense type, that keeps it simple, Matt Mills take note!

I thought subbing Danns was the correct decision, I didn't rate Charlie boy Coke. The young lad Walker showed some nice touches, but he was naive at times, which is expected.

Eidur showed some nice touches and ALF was pure class, another player we need to sign in the summer, providing our finances allow.

A much needed result and  a point at Ipswich would be great, but the Wigan game next week, is looking rather tasty!

NLSWA.

May be a bit quick to say after two games but if we could get McCarthy we should make every effort. Immense at Blackburn and rock solid again today, would be ideal experienced foundation for next season. Mills looked better with him beside him.

Same with Alf hope something can be done there, will score the volume of goals you need to be top-six in this Division with any sort of support and service

We needed a team as bad as them to roll up today, to give a scruffy win and ease those lingering doubts a bit. We'll win a couple more and draw a couple of those last nine games, and no doubt play with a bit more freedom as each one gets chalked off

It might have been through desperate straits, but great to see another young product get a start and do OK, most uplifting aspect of the season has been to see we do have some promising talent coming through.

Macarthy looks a solid CB. ALF goals were superbly taken and his movement is terrific.

I'd deffo sign Amos. Out of contract. Bogdan will be off and he looks more assured than Lonergan for me.

Got a severe talking to off a normal top-of-the-steps steward for singing "That's why you're going down!"

Came running up the steps and told us we were inciting a riot.

He got told to fuck off so went running down to get the heavy mob... And they laughed at him and also told him to fuck off.

He made himself look a right knob head.

Sit down and behave yourself!! You hooligan!

Negatives: feeney consistently loses possession or passes it blind. Danns bizzarely seems to be popular for his industry, but not much quality there for me. Both bad fouls today were borne out of poor control.

Positives: Amos is quality, assured and classy. Ream good footballing defender. Paddy no nonsense defender. Lefondre, I totally get everything he does. To progress we must strive to sign him. Bannon also shines at this level but it's all about funds.

I have fully enjoyed the Lennon revolution, long may it continue.

Oh, forgot to mention: coke, got caught in possession about 5 times against Blackburn. And a couple of times today, not for me.The boy walker seems very deliberate on the ball and was quite predictable. That said, he caused their defence some problems, took a good free kick and is hopefully one for the future

Oh, forgot to mention: coke, got caught in possession about 5 times against Blackburn. And a couple of times today, not for me.The boy walker seems very deliberate on the ball and was quite predictable. That said, he caused their defence some problems, took a good free kick and is hopefully one for the future

You mentioned it pal

May be a bit quick to say after two games but if we could get McCarthy we should make every effort. Immense at Blackburn and rock solid again today, would be ideal experienced foundation for next season. Mills looked better with him beside him

Matt and Paddy could be quite a double act