Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

• Members
11 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Cushty, Rudy, Cushty.

I always thought 'Winston Silcott House' would make a good name - perhaps rechristen one of the boringly dubbed Fernstead, Rogerstead or Blackshaw?

Maybe 'Stuart Hall Tower' for one of them?

Any suggestions for the third?

A mate got a flat in Blackshaw going back 25 years - his neighbour's gaff was like a fucking penthouse, big and he had it kitted out very posh, in that London it would've been £2m+ and for about 65 quid a week.

My mate had a mountain to climb with his - he got the beer and smoke in and two or three of us went to help him with the groundwork.

Amongst other skankiness there was an explosive scatter gun shit patch...

In the kitchen.

On the ceiling...

The contrast between his new grim gaff and Playboy's over the corridor was so stark it meant we spent most of the cleanup laughing at him. 😀

I always thought Fred Dibnah tower would be ironic 

When I went to Dubai with work some rich Arab was telling me he was in the property business and his latest tower penthouse was £1m I said that’s not too bad, that’s London prices he laughed and said no that’s per year 

I happened upon one of these 'Babe' channels a few years ago - there used to be two twins on it, now there's only one, erm...a mate said.

Typical youngish girl - fake tits, veneers, thicc, covered in ink.

Anyhow, sometimes they fill the viewers in on the vacuous minutiae of their lives - she mentioned she'd been working out in Dubai.

Couldn't help but notice the new rose gold Rolex on her wrist - this is pure speculation, but I reckon' three weeks out there getting bummed paid off her mortgage.

I don't think I could ever go - I'd probably be radicalised into some reverse jihadi by the experience.

Doesn't Jim Davidson live out there?

• Members
21 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I happened upon one of these 'Babe' channels a few years ago - there used to be two twins on it, now there's only one, erm...a mate said.

Typical youngish girl - fake tits, veneers, thicc, covered in ink.

Anyhow, sometimes they fill the viewers in on the vacuous minutiae of their lives - she mentioned she'd been working out in Dubai.

Couldn't help but notice the new rose gold Rolex on her wrist - this is pure speculation, but I reckon' three weeks out there getting bummed paid off her mortgage.

I don't think I could ever go - I'd probably be radicalised into some reverse jihadi by the experience.

Doesn't Jim Davidson live out there?

I’m not a fan of the place; people are lovely weather is nice it’s just a little too pretentious and lacking in authenticity , no real history or culture. Does tend to attract plastic dolly birds on the arms of blue pill patients.

Got a cracking Replica Rolex for my brother there. He asked if it was real. Was about as real as the women I ogle when I’m there

• Site Supporter

I’d love to know the plans for the whole Market Place complex now. Despite your opinion that it’s shit, Debenhams, pre-Covid, brought a lot of shoppers in. Would they still visit the smaller shops without having the big store at the end?

I reckon they’ll sub-divide all three sales floors into small shop units. Problem is, there are already plenty of small units available in the town centre so I’m not sure how they’ll sell the Debenhams ones.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’d love to know the plans for the whole Market Place complex now. Despite your opinion that it’s shit, Debenhams, pre-Covid, brought a lot of shoppers in. Would they still visit the smaller shops without having the big store at the end?

I reckon they’ll sub-divide all three sales floors into small shop units. Problem is, there are already plenty of small units available in the town centre so I’m not sure how they’ll sell the Debenhams ones.

Spot on.

Devastating news for the town centre. If M&S closed there really wouldn’t be anything left. 
Whether people liked Debenhams or not, it brought people into the town. Without it, smaller businesses will suffer due to lack of footfall. It really is depressing.

Edited by Boby Brno

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Spot on.

Devastating news for the town centre. If M&S closed there really wouldn’t be anything left. 
Whether people liked Debenhams or not, it brought people into the town. Without it, smaller businesses will suffer due to lack of footfall. It really is depressing.

Popped in town yesterday. Largely deserted apart from a large queue outside Barclays and a few in McDonald's. 

£1.80 to park for an hour in a wilderness.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Popped in town yesterday. Largely deserted apart from a large queue outside Barclays and a few in McDonald's. 

£1.80 to park for an hour in a wilderness.

I had to go in town yesterday to sort some bank stuff out. 2 hours free parking now past hogarths down the side of church 👍

We all know shopping on the high st is finished. The market place is a iconic building and attracts decent brands.

Needs  something of a curveball, turn it all into a version of the printworks. Either that or fill it with small units and return it like it was 25 years ago.

Bolton as a shopping centre is finished and would be better compacted into a small area with the rest of the town centre flattened and restart again

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

We all know shopping on the high st is finished. The market place is a iconic building and attracts decent brands.

Needs  something of a curveball, turn it all into a version of the printworks. Either that or fill it with small units and return it like it was 25 years ago.

Bolton as a shopping centre is finished and would be better compacted into a small area with the rest of the town centre flattened and restart again

Problem is, if you turn Market Place into a Printworks type building, (and it’d be bloody great if they did) but the rest of town which are currently (away from Covid) the drinking and eating areas; Bradshawgate and Churchgate, would be kicked squarely in the nuts.

36 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Problem is, if you turn Market Place into a Printworks type building, (and it’d be bloody great if they did) but the rest of town which are currently (away from Covid) the drinking and eating areas; Bradshawgate and Churchgate, would be kicked squarely in the nuts.

Churchgate,and nelson square for drinking/eating The town hall, Le mans crescent for civic buildings and the old Whittikers store are the only buildings worth keeping. Flatten the rest and start again

Trying to think what i have left out Parish church Silverwell/Wood St and the old Post Office....Thats your lot

Edited by masi 51

Had to take my mam shopping in Bolton before she passed away, she always loved the place since been very young and went with my dad, before he sadly passed away. Used to kill time in the pub waiting for her to give me a bell and see her where I parked my car. She said a few years ago the place has gone now, and I wont becoming back here again.

they have been filming for more than a week now in Silverwell street so it isnt just the town hall and le mans crescent that brings the cameras in

but to be fair i work in the place every day and the council get it wrong , from now on it is never going to be like shopping in the past

they chuck shit loads of other peoples money at white elephants that can never succeed i bet there is more empty than occupied retail units in town ,yet they will happily borrow more money to build even more empty retail space.

When M&S pull out just blow it up and build all the euro apartments for our channel hoppers that our buddies dawn sarf  want to live in our norvern shithole

8 hours ago, MickyD said:

I can see primark moving from crompton place (which is being largely redeveloped) and moving into the whole of Debenhams. It'd then be a similar size to the one in Manchester City centre 😳

15 hours ago, Andybarm said:

I can see primark moving from crompton place (which is being largely redeveloped) and moving into the whole of Debenhams. It'd then be a similar size to the one in Manchester City centre 😳

The escalators would get clogged up with strewn clothes.