Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Oh, that will definitely need posting.

Not a chance. Miami was round here the other day pricing up a job. You think I want my house ending up looking like the Reichstag when he takes his revenge?

Fucking belting picture though!!!!! 😀

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Al's in Adlington these days mate, saw him the other week. I see Ian F now and again as his parents live four doors from my mum's.  Ian is Vernon Kay's cousin. 

Will send a cracking pic later via email of us all from the 70's......don't put the fucker on here though please as my mum dressed me in a Rupert the Fucking Bear blazer 😂😂😂

Say hello to Al for me please pal when you next see him. Nice lad

I had way worse than that blazer in the 70s . You are not alone!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

mate of mine from down south was asking about property investment opps in Bolton town centre

this place

https://info.heatongroup.co.uk/our-properties/stone-cross-house

basically he wants to know if it's up and coming, already made or, or no chance of a decent return

anything could happen of course, but I've not been in town in ages, so no idea what it's like

so what do you reckon?

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

mate of mine from down south was asking about property investment opps in Bolton town centre

this place

basically he wants to know if it's up and coming, already made or, or no chance of a decent return

anything could happen of course, but I've not been in town in ages, so no idea what it's like

so what do you reckon?

Heaton Group seem a decent company but they've 3 developments going in Preston atm and the uptake is really slow.

They've constructed/refurbished to a high standard but I'm not sure that there is the demand for such a high standard in Preston/Bolton.

Just my thoughts, like.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

this place

so what do you reckon?

I think that is the development of the old tax office on Churchgate, a mate of mine had a look in April at them , nowt finished just artist impressions.

Wasnt impressed apart  from penthouse ones obviously and the rest very small. He has taken a punt on one of the mill developments down Eagley instead.

I talk to the lads working on the churchwarf development trying to link into Bank street every day

They are currently trying to pile through the site of Cromwellian/ Maxwell Plums club ,its taking 5 days to do one

They have 55 to do

Think the council have bitten off more than they can chew here , but Hey Ho ,Its only our money

Would have been far easier to start on Blue Boar/Greenhalghs/Sweetens bookshop site than the pantomime on Bank street

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone see manctopia last night. There'll be plenty of salfordians needing somewhere to move to.

Beat me too it. I think a home in Bolton as an investment will be a good move but if you’ve the money now then Manchester seems like it will be a no brainer.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Beat me too it. I think a home in Bolton as an investment will be a good move but if you’ve the money now then Manchester seems like it will be a no brainer.

I wouldn't be surprised if all Manchester's city centre flats are at something like 50% capacity

And more and more are going up

9 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all Manchester's city centre flats are at something like 50% capacity

And more and more are going up

Deffo get that. I’m thinking more like a standard house to be honest. Think Manchester is going to have a bit of a London boom type thing over the next 20-30 years. 

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Daughter has been looking at houses. I find it incredible that brick for brick, I reckon you get 25% more house for your money in Darwen than in the areas of Bolton she’d want to live in.

I had exactly the same. Wigan and Chorley thrown in to that too. Not where I want to live though.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, tomski said:

I had exactly the same. Wigan and Chorley thrown in to that too. Not where I want to live though.

Darwen isn’t that bad. The new-builds where Cranberry Fair used to be are at the very south end of Darwen so close enough to Bolton to commute without having to go through town centre.

30 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Daughter has been looking at houses. I find it incredible that brick for brick, I reckon you get 25% more house for your money in Darwen than in the areas of Bolton she’d want to live in.

I know a few people who've identified houses in Darwen as being of decent value.