Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter

PG appointed a load of yes men. The young managers were perhaps evidence of that, possibly was fearful of another Allardyce situation.

If KA went down that route I'd be seriously concerned.

Deano's earlier comments about his experience of managers not being able to get non footballing directors to understand football issues made sense but concerned me as to how he saw his role.

Perhaps now we are at rock bottom perhaps a young manager may prove successful, but the overpaid senior players need carting first, and then time given for development.

If we are still stuck with some then a more experienced man manager may be needed.

• Moderators

Going off Anderson's interview saying he wants a young manager, that would surely rule out Brown who I thought was nailed on for the job. Wilder certainly fits Anderson's criteria.

dunno, how young is young?

wilder is 48, brown is 56

coyle was 43 when we took him on

freeedman was 37

lennon was 43

for the record, fat sam was 45

wilder is also on his 5th club in management

just doesn't strike me as "young"

My Oldham mate recons Cotterills had 2 teams promoted out of league 1 whilst Wilder has never managed at this level

On that basis I'd have to go for SC

Then again my mate recons John Sheridan is decent, Og were 8 adrift when he came in with 1 home win all season, they're now out of the relegation zone with 6 home wins under his belt

Or we swerving ex players?

Wilder seems to have done a good job everywhere he has been without lots to spend. Which is a good sign to me. Cotterill is unsavoury and doesn't have such a good record even when he's had quite a bit to spend.

Edited by bwfcfan5