Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

10 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

JDC's arguably enjoying the same honeymoon period Bradley had first couple of months of last season, they might work out how to stifle him too but for now he looks a good find, lots to like about his quick feet, pace, control and crossing ability 

Runs like Deeney

Not knocking Bradley but we have to remember that he was operating at third division level with us so if he hadn’t looked good it would have been a surprise. Second half of last season he was struggling as even L1 defences had worked him out. If he gets into the Liverpool first team and kicks on then great but nobody knows if he will and it’s quite possible that if he doesn’t he might be available permanently to us, especially if we manage to get promoted this year. Many young players have excelled only to then fade. I hope Bradley’s not one of those but only time will tell.

• Site Supporter

Bradley was arguably restricted by the quality of players he was alongside.

Yes other teams realised what we were doing and put measures in place, but that's then the job of the players (and coaches) to modify the game as necessary.

Not just down to Bradley as an individual.

I thought Bradley was great, ran his legs off up & down the wing for us, gave everything in defence, had a tremendous attitude & I'd welcome him back at the club any day.........but his weakest point was his final ball from good positions whereas Cogley's best attribute could be his final ball .

Surprisingly we might have upgraded, in attacking positions at least !!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Cogley so far has been better than Bradley 

I think I agree. As great as Bradley was for us, he's been a bit over-hyped since his return to Liverpool. Same goes for Trafford really. Love both of them, but prefer having our own players in those positions. Would welcome both of them back with open arms, but I don't reckon we've gone backwards in terms of their replacements.

Edited by Cheese

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I think I agree. As great as Bradley was for us, he's been a bit over-hyped since his return to Liverpool. Same goes for Trafford really. Love both of them, but prefer having our own players in those positions. Would welcome both of them back with open arms, but I don't reckon we've gone backwards in terms of their replacements.

Trafford much better at commanding the area; Baxter seems to freeze on his line.

20 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Traf certainly had that big presence that some seem to have.

Perhaps it's associated with being a bit of a loon and loads of confidence. 

Exactly Jacket it’s that presence that Baxter seems to lack but it’s early days yet and he certainly seems a really good shot stopper with some of the saves he’s made. I’d say we certainly miss Traf more than Bradley so far but hopefully by the end of the season we won’t miss either though like Cheese I’d welcome either back at any time. I think sometimes we may under estimate how much we improved both during their time here not just technically but in their confidence and they may be missing that a bit?

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Exactly Jacket it’s that presence that Baxter seems to lack but it’s early days yet and he certainly seems a really good shot stopper with some of the saves he’s made. I’d say we certainly miss Traf more than Bradley so far but hopefully by the end of the season we won’t miss either though like Cheese I’d welcome either back at any time. I think sometimes we may under estimate how much we improved both during their time here not just technically but in their confidence and they may be missing that a bit?

Bradley's likely to miss half the season with a serious back injury so we don't yet know how good he really is against better opposition and Traff's struggled with the realities of the Premier league so far. They were both great for us - maybe their performances - and in Traff's case, confidence - were enhanced by playing Evatt's way at our level?

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Bradley's likely to miss half the season with a serious back injury so we don't yet know how good he really is against better opposition and Traff's struggled with the realities of the Premier league so far. They were both great for us - maybe their performances - and in Traff's case, confidence - were enhanced by playing Evatt's way at our level?

Yes, that’s a shame for Bradley because if he’d hit the ground running from here he may just have become part of their first team squad but I expect now he’ll probably be loaned out again once he’s fit but to a Championship side this time, although you never know with the time he had here and if we’re pushing the automatics. It’d be a chance for him to join in the promotion party? As for Traf, he’s good enough to come through his start and learn from it. He doesn’t seem the kind of personality to let much worry him so I’m sure he’d bounce back quickly from any setback.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Traff isn't getting any protection from the Burnley defence.

A Championship loan would have been better for his development but suppose you can't turn down being first choice in the PL and a pay rise.

Carry on as they are and he will be in the championship pretty soon anyway.

• Site Supporter
On 07/09/2023 at 17:37, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Traf certainly had that big presence that some seem to have.

Perhaps it's associated with being a bit of a loon and loads of confidence. 

That's right. Baxter comes across (to me) as being a bit quiet. If he'd come with the presence of Traf or, going back a bit, like Charlie Wright, or Jim McDonagh I wonder if we would be more confident in him, not that we're not.

• 2 months later...