Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

10 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Sorry interpreted 'glad we did it' as the 'glad we had the good times'  rather than 'glad we had a go at getting back'. Which we did from a wage spend point of view - just wasted it on shite - whole period was a farce. 

It was a glad we had the good times even though the era of johnny splatter cash in the desperate hope to get us back up was to follow :)

Never really had any beef with any of our ex players, can't really think of many who thought they were bigger than the club.

Just got thinking, what ever happened to Nigel reo coker????

He had a decent season,,, 

Actually, is it just me or, has every Nigel you have very met been a dickhead or a loser????

• Members
11 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Never really had any beef with any of our ex players, can't really think of many who thought they were bigger than the club.

Just got thinking, what ever happened to Nigel reo coker????

He had a decent season,,, 

Actually, is it just me or, has every Nigel you have very met been a dickhead or a loser????

He activated a release clause in his contract almost immediately after relegation

Seemingly, he later realised he'd been too hasty because I remember Zat Knight testing the waters for his return in the BN a couple of weeks afterwards

Wikipedia tells me he eventually became a journeyman in Canada and the US before retiring

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Indeed. I mention such in my earlier posts.

We were like a drunk lottery winner trying to recapture pissed up the wall winnings.

The Dougie Freedman era sealed the deal and nearly saw the death of us forever...

....that era was always going to come after the heights we had been.

If I hadn’t

seen such riches

I could live with being poor 

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Ricketts' ego ballooned after playing 45 minutes for England. Don't think he scored for us again after that, and looked like he wanted/deserved to be elsewhere. Although my memory has probably exaggerated it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Ricketts' ego ballooned after playing 45 minutes for England. Don't think he scored for us again after that, and looked like he wanted/deserved to be elsewhere. Although my memory has probably exaggerated it.

Always thought he had his head turned then, or maybe even tapped up.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Big sam said as soon as he got that England call up that was it. His agent was all over the show.

Had the chance of going Spurs but his agent said he could get more waiting.

Didnt he go for £3.5m?

Madness. For that short spell he was like a prime Drogba.

Just now, gonzo said:

Big sam said as soon as he got that England call up that was it. His agent was all over the show.

Had the chance of going Spurs but his agent said he could get more waiting.

Didnt he go for £3.5m?

Madness. For that short spell he was like a prime Drogba.

He was amazing. No one could handle him for a spell 

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This is definitely the least transfer gossipy transfer gossip thread since the last 2 months of the August one. 

Problem is he club doesn't seem to leak anymore and no-one in this place seems to no owt either.  

Wasn't it Tyldesley White who claimed to have a source in the club?

Probably all for the best, but not fun.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Pretty spot on , I think he scored 4 or 5 goals in the December before he left in the January IIRC

• Moderators
1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Pretty spot on , I think he scored 4 or 5 goals in the December before he left in the January IIRC

Don't think he scored a goal in open play after his England debut, maybe a couple of penalties, until a goal against West ham in December then a couple v Newcastle and then got sold

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Don't think he scored a goal in open play after his England debut, maybe a couple of penalties, until a goal against West ham in December then a couple v Newcastle and then got sold

Just had a nosy on Wiki , he scored his last goal in the FA Cup against Sunderland in January , crying shame really because he was in the top 5 finishers for us that I can remember .( in his prime for us)

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He did. By Spurs players. I recall Allardyce getting very animated by it & when it was clear he was going Sam determined that wherever he went it was NOT going to be Spurs.