Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Stop bullying WS63 FFS! He may have some misguided rose-tinted perspective of an imaginary Tory party with a social conscience, but he's always value for money when it comes to providing an insight into what's going on in the heads of "traditional" Tory voters - it's like reading the back catalogue of "Conservative Home". And at least he tries to explain himself without resorting to personal insults which is a rare commodity. I've learned a lot from him.

For example, "traditional" Tory voters think:

* This government is an embarrassment, hasn't delivered on their promises and has let traditional Tory voters down

* They are not proper Tories and don't have traditional Tory policies. I presume that means there are no national assets left to privatise or sell off to their rich mates at the expense of ordinary folk but I'm sure he'll provide clarification.

* Polls, by - elections etc mean nothing because there are millions of Tories out there keeping the light under a bushel just waiting for the chance to pounce at the next general election.

In summary, despite not being proper Toerags, despite not delivering on their electoral promises, despite not "delivering the Brexit they voted for", despite embarrassing the Tory party with scandal after scandal and despite trashing the economy - the "real" Tories will still be turning out in droves to ensure they win the next GE.

Fascinating insights, I'm sure you'll agree - so get off his case as he's sincere in what he writes and  I'm sure there's lots more good stuff to come :)

I am sincere Lusty as you well know and to be fair I can’t actually disagree with most of what you’ve posted. It’s a complete shit show and Tory’s need a good kicking for it. Sadly the most culpable are sitting in safe (relatively) seats and will probably still be here after the next election. There is still a slim chance that the damage can be limited before the next election but I wouldn’t put my money on it but at least it will give the numpties on here who’ve been continually complaining about the Tory’s a chance to see what a complete and utter fuck up a Labour government can do instead. As I’ve always said, a bad Tory government is still better than a Labour one.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

I am sincere Lusty as you well know and to be fair I can’t actually disagree with most of what you’ve posted. It’s a complete shit show and Tory’s need a good kicking for it. Sadly the most culpable are sitting in safe (relatively) seats and will probably still be here after the next election. There is still a slim chance that the damage can be limited before the next election but I wouldn’t put my money on it but at least it will give the numpties on here who’ve been continually complaining about the Tory’s a chance to see what a complete and utter fuck up a Labour government can do instead. As I’ve always said, a bad Tory government is still better than a Labour one.

HAHAHAHA

14 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

How can you be so dyed in the wool?

Really dont get it. 

Its not football.

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That last sentence

What on earth are you basing that on? Seriously. 

12 hours ago, royal white said:

I didn’t see this coming 

But on the other hand

Italian Major Ready to Splash the Cash. Italy’s oil major ENI (BIT:ENI) is rumored to be in talks to buy private equity-backed producer Neptune Energy for $5-6 billion, eyeing its gas-tilted portfolio that is currently producing some 130,000 b/d of oil equivalent per day, mostly located in the North Sea.

If Total want to sell, they will find a buyer without too much trouble, they are just saber rattling

4 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

A massively increased Labour majority despite the outgoing MP resigning over "sexual misconduct" charges - which you'd have thought would have reduced support for Labour if anything. Apparently not.

Labour vote down from 27,082 to17,309.

Conservative vote down from 20,918 to 6,335.

3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Labour vote down from 27,082 to17,309.

Conservative vote down from 20,918 to 6,335.

Oooh, you little Diserali tinker Malc - now you know that's not the full picture you dear sausage.

Just look at that conservative drop - that largest in the area since the 1800s. Even Curtice says based on this Labour are on for a landslide if the election was called today.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I remember, the years of Brown/Blair at the helm were a complete disaster weren't they!?

A functioning police force, health service and education. Who wants that anyway, eh?

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Oooh, you little Diserali tinker Malc - now you know that's not the full picture you dear sausage.

Just look at that conservative drop - that largest in the area since the 1800s. Even Curtice says based on this Labour are on for a landslide if the election was called today.

It's a fuller picture than I've seen or heard elsewhere and is straight from the declaration. I'm not trying to paint a picture of anything but the truth.

If you look at the figures the Labour drop can be seen as a combination of by-election apathy plus antipathy to the resigned member's party.

The Conservative drop cannot be explained away.

You don't need to be a frontline psephologist to say that if an election is called now there will a mahoosive Labour majority.

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

It's a fuller picture than I've seen or heard elsewhere and is straight from the declaration. I'm not trying to paint a picture of anything but the truth.

If you look at the figures the Labour drop can be seen as a combination of by-election apathy plus antipathy to the resigned member's party.

The Conservative drop cannot be explained away.

You don't need to be a frontline psephologist to say that if an election is called now there will a mahoosive Labour majority.

You're right you don't, well done.

4 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I remember, the years of Brown/Blair at the helm were a complete disaster weren't they!?

A functioning police force, health service and education. Who wants that anyway, eh?

You had to phone your GP within 48 hrs of when you wanted your (guaranteed) appointment. 

Life was a real shitshow. 

• Members
8 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Hear, hear. Spot on.