Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carrs Pasties

Ani

Have the catering management team not sussed how much food to provide for whatever size gate we have?

it's so Mickey Mouse running out of all food an hour after kick-off.

Most folk on here can predict to within 1k what the attendance is going to be ffs..

Got there a bit early today so had a stroll round the perimeter. Realised (not for the first time) it was crying out for some mobile foodstalls -  hog roast rolls like that one opposite the away turnstiles at Sunderland. For example.

Not as good as Ye Olde Pastie shops or Greenhagh's flakey, but I would do anything to get them in London.

Cornish Pasties are bobbins compared to ours.

Read some bollocks in my time, but that tops the lot. The cat food flat pies sold in greater Manchester bear no resemblance to a proper pasty.

Got there a bit early today so had a stroll round the perimeter. Realised (not for the first time) it was crying out for some mobile foodstalls - hog roast rolls like that one opposite the away turnstiles at Sunderland. For example.

I've been saying this for years. Hot food stalls, badge and scarf sellers etc. All stuff that'd make it feel like a proper football ground.

No reason the road from the station to scotts couldn't be like that.

Going off what my dad said about yesterday Missoula can fuck off. That leaves me short of options for a quick pint before the game.

Read some bollocks in my time, but that tops the lot. The cat food flat pies sold in greater Manchester bear no resemblance to a proper pasty.

He's reet, a proper Cornish pasty is great, not one of those shit things you buy at a motorway services, but a proper one. Full of chunks of meat and veg, lovely. You really can't compare a Carrs pasty to a proper one, you really can't

• Site Supporter

He's reet, a proper Cornish pasty is great, not one of those shit things you buy at a motorway services, but a proper one. Full of chunks of meat and veg, lovely. You really can't compare a Carrs pasty to a proper one, you really can't

yes but you can buy 5 carrs for the price of 1 cornish pasty in padstow

• Site Supporter

There used to be good stalls outside the Bok for the first few years

Ocean only assume they didn't make enough money

If they didn't then, they won't now when there's the likes of Subway, McDonalds and KFC within 5 mins walk.

non of the above sell pasties

There used to be good stalls outside the Bok for the first few years

Ocean only assume they didn't make enough money

If they didn't then, they won't now when there's the likes of Subway, McDonalds and KFC within 5 mins walk.

There were never any towards the station (granted that was built after) and directly outside the ground iirc. Any I saw were only up towards banrstomers.

I'm sure the club stopped them around the ground due to an agreement with McDonald's / council and the likes and likes not to have any When they were built after.

It's daft because small things like that put people off. That set up outside old Trafford is superb.

Edited by gonzo