Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Deadpool 2018

stevieb

Sir Roger Bannister .

His most treasured medal was the only one his father won - for the mile at Colne Secondary School.

"All my children and nearly all my grandchildren were born in London or the south of England, though I sometimes like to feel proud of the vigour given to me by my Lancashire blood" - from "Twin Tracks", p22.

• Site Supporter

Something lost in translation - they are honouring a 4 year extension he agreed and was due to sign.

Still very laudible

'Rest of the contract' does seem a bit more plausible. Assuming his daughter lives until 80, do we really expect they'd still be paying the wages of a player who, even if he'd played until a natural retirement, would still have finished his playing career 50-60 years earlier?

I saw him at Stockport Plaza on the day of the London terror attacks last June. I would say his show was decent light entertainment rather than hilarious. Glad I saw him before he croacked

He’d still be funnier than any Yorkshire comedians after he’s croaked.

Good lad

Not sure if he had different "levels" of humour depending upon the audience.

I assume this to be the case, i have only ever seen him on TV, when he was always a bit shit. I’m assuming his live show must be very different for him to have kept going for so long