Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

First Away Game Following The Wanderers

Marc505

Discounting Wembley in 85 and 89, it'd be Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

The day I realised I hated Man Utd with a passion. That Bolton Reds flag made my blood boil, I'd never felt hatred like it before.

Never been to Old Trafford for the footy.

Been for rugby of both codes, few gigs and even Songs of Praise.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackpool,think it was 1977,lost 1-0 Jim McDonagh let a shot from Billy Ronson through his legs. We took a huge following and I remember Stuart Hall in the post match summary quoting that the vocal backing from the Bolton fans could be heard back in Belmont!

If Wembley counts as an ‘away’ game then the Watford play off final when I was 12.

First one going with friends was Charlton away in the prem. we won but can’t remember the score, Pedersen early goal and Nolan I think

First on my own, Charlton when we went down

After that I reckon ive seen over 300 away games

All that cash

You'd have only wasted it

If Wembley counts as an ‘away’ game then the Watford play off final when I was 12.

First one going with friends was Charlton away in the prem. we won but can’t remember the score, Pedersen early goal and Nolan I think

Didn’t think of the Watford play off final in which case that’s my one, also aged 12 funnily enough. In fact there was the Villa semi final and Cardiff against Preston so I’ve no idea why I said Blackburn 2003 earlier in the thread!

Done some aways in, hate to tally the cost up but whatever all been worth it

Think I did 3 seasons on the bounce every home and away league games following our promotion in 2001

I’ve designs on doing a 100% season one year. Reckon First Team Friendlies count towards a 100% season alongside league and cup?

that’s some going to do it all cup too

Needless to say I did the full seasons before kids and house

Yeah I do think I might have missed the boat a bit, especially living down here now but it’s something in there bugging me about doing it.

“Hi love I know I’m away a lot of Saturdays as it is, but we can’t make any plans any weekend or midweek for the next 9 months”...

Yeah I do think I might have missed the boat a bit, especially living down here now but it’s something in there bugging me about doing it.

“Hi love I know I’m away a lot of Saturdays as it is, but we can’t make any plans any weekend or midweek for the next 9 months”...

???? other week went out Tuesday morning to reading didn’t see her till Wednesday night oh and I’m at Sheffield Saturday.