Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holidays

embankment

15 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Belter in todays paper about the couple from Chorley, theyve been hit with a £30k legal bill :-)

That's harsh, Winchester, they look at death's door...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6507233/Couple-fake-sickness-claim-Jet2holidays-convicted-fraud-ordered-pay-30-000.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6507233/Couple-fake-sickness-claim-Jet2holidays-convicted-fraud-ordered-pay-30-000.html#v-5620431019109139385

Hopefully the first of many.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I'm glad out and out lying twats get caught out but...

You go away for a fortnight and have ten enjoyable days, then eat something and shit and puke your ring up the last four, including a flight from hell home.

Holiday ruined and compo worthy or not? And what if there's photo/video evidence of one having a beano initially?

Ah, fuck it, deny all claims if it stops price rises...

• Site Supporter

Right then, We’re doing Sydney for new year next year and stopping in Singapore for 3 days on the way home.

We’re undecided on Adelaide or Brisbane areas for the remaining few days. Anyone who has been to either, fire away with things to do. We’re more into wildlife, theme parks rather than fannying about on a beach or shopping.

TIA

• Members

Dave, I really like Adelaide but it's a bit of a retirement sleepy hollow really. Barossa Valley close by if you are into wines it is sensational. The rest is coastal related really which sounds like it isn't your thing (Victoria Harbour, Glenelg, Semaphore etc.).

Seriously though, if it's theme parks, wildlife etc. you are into then FFS jettison all ideas of Brisbane or Adelaide and get thisen to the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise not a bad pied a terre for getting around to everything). Flights from Siddeley are easy mate - Coolangatta the destination. Loads of theme parks etc.

BTW, Singers is superb. the black pepper mud crab at Jumbo Seafood by Victoria Bridge is just about the finest meal I have ever eaten and the Mongolian BBQ at Pall Mall is sensational. Hawkers markets curries top drawer - can even have trotters (yessss!) down on the waterfront.

The usual tourist things all available of course - Singapore Sling at Raffles, Sentosa Island for wildlife etc. but if you really want to experience life on the wild side, head for the 'four floors of whores' at Orchard Park (I know this is unlikely with the missus in tow). The really adventurous go up to the fourth floor - one look out of the lift was enough for me. "Down to the first floor my good man" to the lift operator :D Anyone who thinks the melange at St. Pauli is a collection of kinks and weirdo's will soon change their tune after experiencing the fourth floor. Makes Hamburg generally seem very tame.

Edited by bolty58

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Right then, We’re doing Sydney for new year next year and stopping in Singapore for 3 days on the way home.

We’re undecided on Adelaide or Brisbane areas for the remaining few days. Anyone who has been to either, fire away with things to do. We’re more into wildlife, theme parks rather than fannying about on a beach or shopping.

TIA

Wildlife?

barrier reef?

On 25/09/2018 at 20:57, Winchester White said:

Can anyone recommend a nice AI hotel that can cater for a teenager and a 8 year old. Thinking of somewhere in the Caribbean but there are so many hotels and places my head hurts.

Memories Splash. Punta Cana.

Reasonable price. On site water park. Beach. Around 15 bars and restaurants.

7 hours ago, L/H White said:

going to venice next month

assume i'll spend a fortune?

Yep. Your wallet be viciously raped. Well it will be if you're daft enough to eat or drink in the square or take a gondola.

Was a few years ago now but we had some of our finest meals ever, at really reasonable prices, just a few blocks from the square. We got complacent though and had breakfast just off the square one morning. It came to more than every 3 course evening meal we had that week.

Vaporettos and water taxis were all worth getting passes for. Enjoy. The place really is a feast for the eyes

On 27/12/2018 at 17:57, Blondi said:

We found the food in Venice quite good and it wasn't expensive where we ate out, the hard part is avoiding the "Tourist Traps," we went to a bar well away from St Marks square and I asked for a large beer and they charged me 10 euros for it.

Paid 8 euro for a can of fanta sat at a place on the grand canal. Didn't have much of a choice as the wife was 4 months pregnant and was feeling the heat! The last time we went we stayed outside of Venice and travelled in via the free shuttle bus the hotel laid on.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Desert_monkey said:

Is there anywhere in Europe that is outside of the European union that is good for a moaning Doris and a 6 year old girl?

Croatia is EU but still have the kuna for another couple of years. Belting place, Split and Zadar I recommend, Hvar a bit more pricey. I’m told Trogir is a lovely resort, very close to Split airport

36 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Croatia is EU but still have the kuna for another couple of years. Belting place, Split and Zadar I recommend, Hvar a bit more pricey. I’m told Trogir is a lovely resort, very close to Split airport

Trogir is OK for a few hours or so, but I wouldn't want to spend a week there. Baska Voda would be my choice for a nice affordable place in Croatia and only about 45 minutes from Split airport.

Cavtat near Dubrovnik is lovely too, similar to Baska Voda, for a relaxing family holiday and not expensive either.

Edited by Blondi