Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Good work that. If you kept that rate up for a year you'd be 7.5 stone lighter! 😲

Always lose quicker straight off until the body gets used to it :)

• Members

Knowing for your ideal weight is makes for a good start. Having a target. When I feel the Dormeuil tonik trousers (don't even fucking bother if you don't wear Pantherellas) getting tighter at the waistband I have breakfast at 10am rather than 6 am.

Cuts out the 10am snack. Reduce the size of the other meals by around a third. 5.2 kilo's gone in a fortnight. 3.7 to go but as others have said, the rate of loss slows right down after the early success. Reckoning on around 4 weeks to get the rest off - especially after all of yesterdays trifle.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Went I was running loads I also decided that humas, pitta and low fat cup a soups would be ideal to only eat them - dropped to 12 stone. Although I felt great, looked a bit like I'd been sent to a Gulag.

And does the lost weight go straight back or do you change your lifestyle too?

On 22/04/2024 at 19:13, royal white said:

I’ve been training a lot more frequently and harder the last couple of months than usual, and I’ve gradually seen my resting heart rate go down. However this last couple of weeks it’s continued to go down further than I expected (usually 49-52) and it’s now at 45. now that’s the RHR of a 20 year old athlete. I can assure you  I’m not a 20 year old athlete. @Smiley what’s your readings coming in at? Where’s Rudy when you need him? 

Last 4 weeks, resting heart rate is averaging 47. Vo2 Max at 51. 

Still eating too much. Did a 37 mile bike ride yesterday but also ate a monster kebab in Rusholme! (Appear to have pulled my thigh muscle though!)

However, forgot to mention that I did smash Manchester Marathon the other Sunday, a PB of 3:26:47. Quite chuffed with, considering my ankle sprain was only 8 weeks prior. Was taped up by physio which helped (I think!).

Going to get back on MyFitnessPal next week. 5 weeks to holiday and definitely feeling a little wobbly around the midriff.

18 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Still eating too much. Did a 37 mile bike ride yesterday but also ate a monster kebab in Rusholme! (Appear to have pulled my thigh muscle though!)

However, forgot to mention that I did smash Manchester Marathon the other Sunday, a PB of 3:26:47. Quite chuffed with, considering my ankle sprain was only 8 weeks prior. Was taped up by physio which helped (I think!).

Going to get back on MyFitnessPal next week. 5 weeks to holiday and definitely feeling a little wobbly around the midriff.

Through eating a kebab? 

Good effort on the MM 👏🏻 Ive booked the Manchester run for May, totally forgetting it’s the youngest’s birthday 🤦🏻 I’m not sure how that’s going to go down. 

Good to see the chart on my Renpho scales finally going the right way! 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Through eating a kebab? 

Good effort on the MM 👏🏻 Ive booked the Manchester run for May, totally forgetting it’s the youngest’s birthday 🤦🏻 I’m not sure how that’s going to go down. 

Good to see the chart on my Renpho scales finally going the right way! 

Try, “Oh bollocks! I’ve paid £x to enter, raised £x,000 for charity (pick one close to Mrs RW’s heart) and they’ve gone and changed it to the weekend after. I’ll forgo the entrance fee but I’ll have to tell all my sponsors I can no longer do it. If I give you a list could you phone some of them and let them know?”

She won’t even bother checking the date change.

3 hours ago, Smiley said:

My nephew ran the London Marathon last week 4X back to back, just shy of 105 miles - started Saturday evening at the finish line, ran the course 3 times, to pick up his slot in the actual marathon for his 4th trip. This was to set himself a challenge after doing it 3x back to back last year.

9 hours ago, MickyD said:

Try, “Oh bollocks! I’ve paid £x to enter, raised £x,000 for charity (pick one close to Mrs RW’s heart) and they’ve gone and changed it to the weekend after. I’ll forgo the entrance fee but I’ll have to tell all my sponsors I can no longer do it. If I give you a list could you phone some of them and let them know?”

She won’t even bother checking the date change.

Not a bad shout 😂👍

I’m 2 weeks in and down 10 pound body’s aching as I’ve been exercising most days but think the my fitness pal app been the main reason I’m losing it quickly as I’m monitoring calorie intake every day and been in deficit 13 of the last 14 days. 

• Site Supporter

Joined a gym on Sunday (Bolton Arena) first week in, went on Tuesday, did a workout 

hopefully i'll be able to feel my arms in the morning to go again, 3 days recovery! I'm getting old!

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m 2 weeks in and down 10 pound body’s aching as I’ve been exercising most days but think the my fitness pal app been the main reason I’m losing it quickly as I’m monitoring calorie intake every day and been in deficit 13 of the last 14 days. 

And at the end of the days, calorie deficit is really all that matters

• Moderators
On 25/04/2024 at 14:10, Zico said:

anyone else doing the BWFC In The Community 10k this weekend? (Sun 9am)

starts and finishes at the ground

Did this in 55m 37s 

Given I put my back out 3 weeks ago and saw my sciatica return, and ran a total of 15k combined in the last 4 weeks, I'm happy with that 

Route was a bit dull, ground up to beehive then down CNR towards Bolton till you hit 5k, then turn around and run back 

That said, it was a perfect 10k route in terms of a steady series of inclines and declines with last 1k down hill

16 hours ago, Zico said:

Did this in 55m 37s 

Given I put my back out 3 weeks ago and saw my sciatica return, and ran a total of 15k combined in the last 4 weeks, I'm happy with that 

Route was a bit dull, ground up to beehive then down CNR towards Bolton till you hit 5k, then turn around and run back 

That said, it was a perfect 10k route in terms of a steady series of inclines and declines with last 1k down hill

did this finish in the stadium or outside?