14 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We would all like this

Gillingham 0 Bolton 3 in the 4th round

Barnet 1 Newport 0 4th round

Barnet 0 Bolton 3 5th round

Then what ever Rizlar said in the quarter final

Beat Arsenal in the semi

Then 3-0 to the whites against City in the final

That would give over £6.8M in prize money (including yesterday's £135k, plus TV fees and gate receipts. However.

36 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We would all like this

Gillingham 0 Bolton 3 in the 4th round

Barnet 1 Newport 0 4th round

Barnet 0 Bolton 3 5th round

Then what ever Rizlar said in the quarter final

Beat Arsenal in the semi

Then 3-0 to the whites against City in the final

See you're sorting the London Whites out nicely there

Its unfair that a clubs very future is potentially decided by which ball Martin keown decides to pick out when. I don't get why all gate receipts aren't sent to the FA, who would then distribute them equally amongst the competing clubs. Points wise we are competing directly with Rotherham and reading, yet they get 1 or 2 million to spend on a couple of new players in Jan thanks to the luck of the draw, which should ensure they finish above us. We just know we'll either get a championship club or top div 1, or watford, brighton, pompey, southampton or palace and we'll make our usual rock all. I'd say the same if it was to our advantage, it should be a level playing field.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its unfair that a clubs very future is potentially decided by which ball Martin keown decides to pick out when. I don't get why all gate receipts aren't sent to the FA, who would then distribute them equally amongst the competing clubs. Points wise we are competing directly with Rotherham and reading, yet they get 1 or 2 million to spend on a couple of new players in Jan thanks to the luck of the draw, which should ensure they finish above us. We just know we'll either get a championship club or top div 1, or watford, brighton, pompey, southampton or palace and we'll make our usual rock all. I'd say the same if it was to our advantage, it should be a level playing field.

An interesting concept that I'd never considered.

Sounds difficult to manage, but seems fairer than the current system.

• Moderators

nah, not for me, if Newport get Man Utd away as a reward for beating Leicester, fair play to them

if they get Gillingham at home, tough shit

there's already a level playing field in terms of prize money from the FA

The gate receipt thing already happens to a certain extent with 10% of each game going in to the pot that is redistributed by the Premier League and Football League. 

Any further changes would undoubtedly be in favour of the sides that put the most money in to the pot - and rightly so in some ways - so it’s probably better we keep schtum. 

It's bollocks. Would kill the cup even more. 

You have non league outfits fighting tooth and nail to get into the third round for the chance of a payday that could keep em going for a year or two. 

The fact we're going to the wall can't be blamed on fa Cup gate receipts distribution. 

I think they should bring the big teams in a round earlier

The 3rd round consists of 64 teams, 44 of which are top 2 divisions, 20 of which are from league 1 or below 

If the big clubs came in a round earlier then you would have 128 teams, 44 of which from the top two divisions 84 from lower leagues meaning a much greater chance of smaller clubs getting a big payday