Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clayton Donaldson

barryk32

4 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Donaldson was a decent player who is way past his best, but is still as good as, or even better than Magennis who will never be more than Div 1 standard.

I've no idea what you can possibly base that on. Neither have set the world alight but one of them has scored a few goals when he was getting service and can at least offer the option of winning stuff in the air. Donaldson offers nowt

Edited by Duck Egg
Podgy fingers

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I've no idea what you can possibly base that on. Neither have set the world alight but one of them has scored a few goals when he was getting service and can at least offer the option of winning stuff in the air. Donaldson offers nowt

They both offer nowt; and both not good enough for League 1

Worst signings we have ever made; but we have money some will say - I say dont bother then and stick with ALF

Hopefully the whole squad will be fucked off soon

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Magennis is plenty good enough for league 1. He scored a Hat trick past Walsall when he had zero confidence. 

He got double figures in both his league 1 campaigns. 

but we're not in League 1, he's certainly not good enough for the championship.

Trevor Morgan was better than Magennis or Donaldson, okay maybe stretching it a bit there.

Donaldson would be a half decent player with a manager who knew what the fuck he was doing and did some training during the week.

much like our entire team.

imagine what a collosus wheater would be if he didn’t spend 90% of the match defending for his life. 

It’s unnecessary. We know you’ve not been paid but you’re still better off than 99% of people that read that message. What he’s basically doing is taking the piss out of the club, everyone knows we’re fucked, the fans are well aware, stop acting the dick and taking the piss.

The fact he’s utter shite just adds to it, some would say he’s lucky to be playing professional football still, never mind drawing a wage.

A different approach would be to take the Wheater approach, a proper leader, keep quiet, rally the troops, head in and talk to the staff to try and keep morale up (fair play to Lowe and Matthews too).

The takeover will happen, the club will move on and I would love to see Wheater, Lowe and Matthews with us next season. Players who are clearly giving everything and have the right attitude. Donaldson can fuck off, shite on the pitch and comes across as a bellend off it.

25 minutes ago, marple whites said:

He is a twat and the club do not need people like him.

Strangely even though his posts annoyed the hell out of me and they take the the piss, we hear about the dressing room still being upbeat and playing for the manager, maybe gallows humour like that works for them - even if it doesn't for us.

• Moderators

Reet

Im one of the folk who think it's nowt to do with Parky and all about the players not being good enough

However, I don't think there many bad eggs in the dressing room

Just a lack of talent

Leave CD alone, he tries hard,probably a good guy

Just that he's shit

• Site Supporter

We don't see him at training,  just during the 90 minutes on the pitch. Parky has the advantage of seeing him train and obviously sees something that gives him a start or a place in the squad.

I'm not having it that we don't have a better replacement somewhere.