Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How long are you there for? I'm nowhere near tomorrow, but I'll be in Lostock Hall on Saturday night watching my mates band at The Vic.

Only there tomorrow pal, then off to Glasgow for the Old Firm game unfortunately. 

Back again in a couple of weeks if you're about then ?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, jeep said:

Aye, but he didn't even leave the ambulance whilst they did the assessment, and was taken straight home after. Taking him in the ambulance is more controllable than letting him get the 69 bus, or one of Jim's taxis surely. 

I get that

but he says he's had worse flu

I bet he's never called an ambulance when he's had flu

so it must've been bad, though he says he's not been concerned so also sounds like a waste of time calling the ambulance

9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I get that

but he says he's had worse flu

I bet he's never called an ambulance when he's had flu

so it must've been bad, though he says he's not been concerned so also sounds like a waste of time calling the ambulance

Do you not think they just wanted to check him over seeing as he had diabetes and safest way to do it was an ambulance? Imagine he was being checked via phone regularly and perhaps as symptoms worsened they just wanted to check him up?

Most people will have it, be like a bad cold or flu then fine in a week without any treatment or checks. Most.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Do you not think they just wanted to check him over seeing as he had diabetes and safest way to do it was an ambulance? Imagine he was being checked via phone regularly and perhaps as symptoms worsened they just wanted to check him up?

Most people will have it, be like a bad cold or flu then fine in a week without any treatment or checks. Most.

yeah, but he would've rang up in the first place

in his own words:

Despite having type 1 diabetes, Andrew says having the virus "isn't anything to worry about for me personally".

He adds that the fever he experienced is "no different to normal flu-type symptoms".

"I've not been concerned," he says.

but he was concened enough to ring an ambulance, so I reckon he's putting on a brave face and he was shitting it, and it was really bad

or hes a soft cunt 

anyway

Telegraph journalist says coronavirus ‘cull’ of elderly could benefit economy

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/11/telegraph-journalist-says-coronavirus-cull-elderly-benefit-economy-12383907/?ito=article.tablet.share.top.facebook&fbclid=IwAR3u-koqKyZSBTmK-Jw0U3-zlkY8X6rXQDOjotAsoxk9CR9ai1-IUAU4eEY

no wonder BJ is so relaxed

corona virus could be the best thing to happen to the UK post brexit

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

in his own words:

Despite having type 1 diabetes, Andrew says having the virus "isn't anything to worry about for me personally".

He adds that the fever he experienced is "no different to normal flu-type symptoms".

but he was concened enough to ring an ambulance, so I reckon he's putting on a brave face and he was shitting it, and it was really bad

or hes a soft cunt 

anyway

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/11/telegraph-journalist-says-coronavirus-cull-elderly-benefit-economy-12383907/?ito=article.tablet.share.top.facebook&fbclid=IwAR3u-koqKyZSBTmK-Jw0U3-zlkY8X6rXQDOjotAsoxk9CR9ai1-IUAU4eEY

He was one of the earliest cases. So will have been monitored at home especially with underlying condition. How do you know he wasn’t asked to go in for a check by medics on the phone? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Nice one fella, will be good to have a friendly catch up before we all die from the new plague 😊👍🍺

Wouldn't really be a catch up - seeing as we've only ever spoke on here and once on the phone - but more than happy to buy you a pint any time.

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

in his own words:

or hes a soft cunt 

anyway

BJ didn’t look relaxed to me, he looked genuinely worried and concerned and was very measured in his approach to a big problem that is beyond control

A lot of people are going to die during this world crisis, some of them will be close relatives of people on this forum,  cheap shots at people who are trying to deal with this disaster is not the way forward

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He was one of the earliest cases. So will have been monitored at home especially with underlying condition. How do you know he wasn’t asked to go in for a check by medics on the phone? 

I don't, because the article doesn't specify it

it says he rang 111 first

got tested, was positive, was fine, then got worse, then got in an ambulance

I am assuming he called the ambulance, hence my contempt for him passing it off as no different than flu