Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

😂 - I thought it was ‘impossible’ to apply restrictions based on vulnerability, apparently not anymore. Fuck knows how much they will spend on these Covid Passports but like everything else it won’t be cheap 

You must be thinking pre vaccine

• Moderators
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely they have to publish the scoring system that works out the Tiers, be some sort of simple formula  

They won’t be just sat in a room deciding region by region 

Theyre a set of cunts

London and the south east will get kid gloves

The north needs to remember this

They wont publish a formula, imo

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Does anyone think these Covid passports will actually become a thing?

I just can't see it.

Nah

i reckon by the time all the oldies are inoculated by late Jan early Feb, we’ll start to see things really ease up.

Other countries may insist on some form of proof though.

Be fun and games if the EU decide that we need them.

22 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

You must be thinking pre vaccine

Bollocks 

We were talking about having different restrictions based on risk over the coming weeks, whilst the vaccine is rolled out. I’m sure someone on here joked that folk would need to show ID to show they were under a certain age, now talk of a Covid vaccine passport which is essentially the same thing 

It won’t do much for compliance to the rules if the vulnerable group get priority over vaccination AND the ability to go about life with reduced restrictions before the majority 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Bollocks 

We were talking about having different restrictions based on risk over the coming weeks, whilst the vaccine is rolled out. I’m sure someone on here joked that folk would need to show ID to show they were under a certain age, now talk of a Covid vaccine passport which is essentially the same thing 

It won’t do much for compliance to the rules if the vulnerable group get priority over vaccination AND the ability to go about life with reduced restrictions before the majority 

It was me you were discussing it with

You said

"Quite simple really, open X, Y and Z businesses and ask anyone over 65 or who has pre existing conditions not to go in them until they have completed their vaccination in a few weeks"

My point was, pre vaccination you'll struggle to get the vulnerable to stay at home whilst everyone else gets on with it, because the vulnerable are far more than the over 65s, and in some cases don't have anyone who can do stuff for them

Which is why it isn't simple and won't happen

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

You said

"Quite simple really, open X, Y and Z businesses and ask anyone over 65 or who has pre existing conditions not to go in them until they have completed their vaccination in a few weeks"

My point was, pre vaccination you'll struggle to get the vulnerable to stay at home whilst everyone else gets on with it, because the vulnerable are far more than the over 65s, and in some cases don't have anyone who can do stuff for them

Wife's vulnerable, shes a 37 year old Key worker, we've done everything to stop the virus, when I work part time in houses, I get undressed outside and clothes go in the washer straight away and into the bath. We've used loads of sanitiser and industrial strength anti bacterial cleaner, 

She's in Hospital for covid as she had a chest infection and caught it on the ward.. No avoiding that one. 

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

You said

Ah ok, similarly then I assume you think it can’t work the other way either? I.e you’d struggle to get the non vulnerable to stay at home whilst the vulnerable get on with life showing a Covid Passport? 

• Moderators
Just now, birch-chorley said:

Ah ok, similarly then I assume you think it can’t work the other way either? I.e you’d struggle to get the non vulnerable to stay at home whilst the vulnerable get on with life showing a Covid Passport? 

I don't think it would

The minute there are vaccines being rolled out there'll be nationwide lock ins before you can say "bottom bull" regardless of a covid passport

Assuming the pubs are meant to be open

Which is why a demographical lockdown is a non starter, imo

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think it would

The minute there are vaccines being rolled out there'll be nationwide lock ins before you can say "bottom bull" regardless of a covid passport

Assuming the pubs are meant to be open

Which is why a demographical lockdown is a non starter, imo

Well it’s going to start getting rolled out in a couple of weeks 

See you in the Bottom Bull for a substantial meal and a few pints 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Well it’s going to start getting rolled out in a couple of weeks 

See you in the Bottom Bull for a substantial meal and a few pints 

We'll see

I want this over with as much as the next poster

But my stance has always been proceed with caution

Show me your passport and I'll buy you a pint

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

File Covid passports under "operation moonshot" and the "world-leading" track and trace system as things that won't ever come to pass*.

*Possibly with the exception of international air travel 

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/qantas-passengers-coronavirus-vaccine-australia-b1760415.html?amp

Some airlines are already talking about implementing it 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, royal white said:

Good

I’d also be starting to designate settlements to move anti-vaxxers into as well. (Medical exemptions excluded of course). 

People objecting based on the “you don’t know what’s in it” premise can go and live amongst like-minded simpletons and let the rest of us live normal lives.

I’d pay Trump to be their new leader, and pay for a wall to be built around them. Liverpool would be my first choice.

A jab gets you released back into the community.

8 hours ago, Traf said:

Some places will be Tier 1, some in 2 and some in 3.

I'd imagine they put everyone at 2 initially with the least affected Southern areas going into tier 1 and everything North of Birmingham going into 3.

Hopefully that's exactly how it pans out 😊

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Wife's vulnerable, shes a 37 year old Key worker, we've done everything to stop the virus, when I work part time in houses, I get undressed outside and clothes go in the washer straight away and into the bath. We've used loads of sanitiser and industrial strength anti bacterial cleaner, 

She's in Hospital for covid as she had a chest infection and caught it on the ward.. No avoiding that one. 

Hope she gets better soon pal

• Moderators

Same with the nan in law

Shielded perfectly fine from march to October

Got a water infection, had to go hospital

Caught it there, lasted 3 weeks whereas she'd probably have done another 3 years easy

I hope she makes a swift recovery.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Same with the nan in law

Shielded perfectly fine from march to October

Got a water infection, had to go hospital

Caught it there, lasted 3 weeks whereas she'd probably have done another 3 years easy

Sorry to hear this. And is exactly why the suggestion the "vulnerable" shield whilst others crack on just doesn't work. There's no way of keeping those groups apart which is why we just need to keep the overall levels down for now.