Rudy

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Nah.

3 weeks tops, then start to get people back to work

I can't see what can happen in 3 weeks for the umpire to change his decision

I hope I'm wrong

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Me grandad is bald, my dad is bald, my younger brother is going, all my uncles are bald, me Full head of thick hair.  
Bit like the milkman’s. Strange.

Pat Mustard.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Nah.

3 weeks tops, then start to get people back to work

It'll be nearer to 3 months than 3 weeks. It's peak is middle of May according to someone on the news earlier. I don't think he plays golf.....

The average percentage rise in UK deaths for the previous week was approx 45% per day. The last 2 days it's dropped to approx 20%. Hope this can continue.

Going off the 14 day behind Italy we are on 335, they were on 463. The gap is widening which is good.

Edited by jeep
Wrong figures, now amended

9 minutes ago, jeep said:

It'll be nearer to 3 months than 3 weeks. It's peak is middle of May according to someone on the news earlier. I don't think he plays golf.....

The average percentage rise in UK deaths for the previous week was approx 45% per day. The last 2 days it's dropped to approx 20%. Hope this can continue.

Going off the 14 day behind Italy we are on 335, they were on 455. The gap is widening which is good.

And exactly why we continue with social distancing and don’t jump into this lockdown situation. If it does get worse then use lockdown as last resort. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And exactly why we continue with social distancing and don’t jump into this lockdown situation. If it does get worse then use lockdown as last resort. 

Or we could try to stop it getting worse in the first place by being proactive instead? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We may overtop the NHS capacity for treatment if not enough folk follow it unfortunately.

Might not obviously, but I would imagine that's their primary concern at the moment.

Anyway:

IMG-20200323-WA0000.jpg

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Matt Hancock is doing a sterling job imo, always sounds articulate and in the know, must be difficult as a the new Health Secretary and to have this thrust on your watch early doors, its unfortunate though that you have do-gooders like Caroline 'never had a shag' Lucas having a pop.

I would do that bitch alright, with a fucking shovel on the back of her head!

He is, and he looks knackered.

He seemed somewhat flabbergasted when she said we need far more public information- "I'll send you a poster" 😂

The PPE in this country is a complete joke. The stuff being worn is like a chocolate teapot. Italy, Spain and France all have proper stuff. We are using completely useless stuff.

Just talked to my GP friend  (via phone) who reckons within a month casualties amongst health professionals will be through the roof. 

A shocking state of affairs. Medical professionals resorting to begging on Twitter. Our government is failing in basic duty of care.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

I assumed that they are continuing so they can flex staff between the 2

Not sure at the minute, I'm self isolating,  there is talk of helping stack shelves if needed. Don't know if our vans could be used for food deliveries because they aren't chiller vans obvs.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The PPE in this country is a complete joke. The stuff being worn is like a chocolate teapot. Italy, Spain and France all have proper stuff. We are using completely useless stuff.

Just talked to my GP friend  (via phone) who reckons within a month casualties amongst health professionals will be through the roof. 

A shocking state of affairs. Medical professionals resorting to begging on Twitter. Our government is failing in basic duty of care.

I agreed with you an hour ago. 
Now, give it a rest for fucks sake.

During the war (don’t mention the war) there was a bloke called Lord Haw Haw......

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Cannot fault the government.

Rishi Sunak and Matt Hancock have been impeccable.

The thought of Corbyn and Abbott dealing with this makes me shudder.

Corbyn defying self isolation for one. 

Frankly I don’t think they are doing very well. It’s pretty shambolic and I’ve been looking closely elsewhere. 

I hope as a long-standing lesson for generations it teaches us that spare resources in the NHS are not ‘waste’ but a necessity. 

Just now, Boby Brno said:

I agreed with you an hour ago. 
Now, give it a rest for fucks sake.

During the war (don’t mention the war) there was a bloke called Lord Haw Haw......

Hang on. Our health professionals are going out without effective stuff. They are risking their own lives and as a country we’ve not equipped them properly. Like sending kids over the top with pea shooters against machine guns. It’s an absolute basic. Look at the stuff worn elsewhere especially hospital gear. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Frankly I don’t think they are doing very well. It’s pretty shambolic and I’ve been looking closely elsewhere. 

Seriously, who gives a shit what you think anymore? For my own sanity I’ve blocked you. See you on the other side!

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hang on. Our health professionals are going out without effective stuff. They are risking their own lives and as a country we’ve not equipped them properly. Like sending kids over the top with pea shooters against machine guns. It’s an absolute basic. Look at the stuff worn elsewhere especially hospital gear. 

Was it entirely the government or was there a failure of hospital administration to order sufficient stuff in time?

PHE also downgraded the standard of some equipment- why?

There was loads of PPE available initially, owing to governments and their emergency plans for such events (which plenty of others didn't have). Also stocks incase of a no deal Brexit.

Now they have asked all manufacturers to massively increase production, as well as asking others who might be able to make stuff to do so.

Wait until all this is done, and subsequent investigations reveal weaknesses in our preparedness.

Of course medical folk haven't necessarily got all they need- we're all aware of it.

Keep papping on about it is just more cockish, self righteous bleating.

I'd also add that if selfishness of public was reduced, perhaps the ppe demand might have been lower, allowing time for production scale up.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Was it entirely the government or was there a failure of hospital administration to order sufficient stuff in time?

PHE also downgraded the standard of some equipment- why?

There was loads of PPE available initially, owing to governments and their emergency plans for such events (which plenty of others didn't have). Also stocks incase of a no deal Brexit.

Now they have asked all manufacturers to massively increase production, as well as asking others who might be able to make stuff to do so.

Wait until all this is done, and subsequent investigations reveal weaknesses in our preparedness.

Of course medical folk haven't necessarily got all they need- we're all aware of it.

Keep papping on about it is just more cockish, self righteous bleating.

I'd also add that if selfishness of public was reduced, perhaps the ppe demand might have been lower, allowing time for production scale up.

The government downgraded PPE requirements from WHO recommendations. That’s the issue. We are saying - you don’t need what every other country is conforming to. Why? Probably because they weren’t confident that could supply to recommendation. 

Ive been involved in pandemic planning and this situation is shockingly bad. You should have full gowns and suitable supplies to deal with the start of an outbreak and suitable supply chains to rapidly stock up. The thing that annoys me is this equipment would be the same in a flu pandemic that has been planned for, for decades. So I do not see an excuse for the approach.

On the PPE front - we're now being told it's just a normal surgical mask even if a patient is confirmed COVID - unless we're doing an aerosol generating procedure (like changing a trache tube) - in which case we get FFP3. 

The FFP3 are thin on the ground though.